NOTICE OF JOB OPPORTUNITY
The Champaign County Department of Job and Family Services is accepting resumes for the position Eligibility Referral Specialist 2 – Long Term Carein the Public Assistance Unit.
RESPONSIBILITIES: Primary duties of this position will be to determine eligibility for SNAP, Medicaid, and Title XX public assistance benefits to customers who are determined Aged/Blind/Disabled, living in Long Term Care, or receiving Home Community Based Services (HCBS), Special Recovery Services, or Disability Determination Medicaid. The person will be performing case management and customer service type duties daily while maintaining an individualized caseload and a shared case bank.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Must have good verbal and written communication skills. Excellent time management skills and ability to multi- task with a strong attention to detail. A year prior experience as Eligibility Referral Specialist 1, or experience in human services, behavioral or social science, education, or related field; OR education or experience in interviewing techniques, business math, case preparation techniques, business writing, customer service techniques and computer technology; OR high school diploma (or equivalent) plus work experience which meets the minimum essential functions of the position.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: Knowledge of laws and regulations governing Public Assistance Programming, Ohio Administrative Code (OAC), explain rights, responsibilities, requirements, and regulations. Experienced or have working knowledge of Medicaid Information Technology System (MITS), Ohio Integrated Eligibility System (OB), Hearing and Appeals Tracking System (HATSX) as back up, Ohio Enterprise Document Management System (EDMS), Compass Pilot, and other state supported or internet systems.
PAY RANGE: $16.85 to $21.50 per hour based on experience.
FRINGE BENEFITS INCLUDE:
- Flexible work hours offered, depending on agency needs
- Potential hybrid work schedule available after 90 days
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance available
- Employee, spouse, and family health insurance paid at 80%
- Employee paid dental, vision, and life insurance
- Employee Assistance Program provided to employees and their households
- Wellness Program for employees and spouses enrolled in a medical insurance plan
- Paid sick leave, if earned leave is available
- Paid vacation after 1 year of service or with 1 year of prior countable service
- Ohio Public Employees Retirement System (OPERS)
- Deferred Compensation Plans available
Qualified applicants should submit their cover letter and resume to:
1512 South US Highway 68, Suite N100
Urbana, Ohio 43078
This position will remain open until filled
Champaign County is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $16.85 – $21.50 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Urbana, OH 43078: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
Work Location: One location