OCCI is a family owned company, with stable work, year-round. OCCI, has an excellent benefit package, and a unique work environment. An OCCI, Inc. skilled laborer is responsible for safe production of quality work product on OCCI jobsites. A skilled laborer possesses knowledge in multiple trades performed on heavy construction projects to produce best in class quality product as a member of our work team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform a variety of tasks involving strenuous manual labor and safely apply all techniques of heavy construction
- Operating motorized equipment including power tools, saws, hammers, nails and bolts under minimal supervision.
- Work from heights, with fall arrest system
- Assist in the construction or demolishing of bridges and/or structures
- Load or unload structure materials from trucks
- Execute work assignments safely per the Company and project safety rules;
- Produce high quality work product;
- Working during inclement weather, could be exposed to extreme cold and heat, noise and dust from construction operations depending upon project site.
- Attend required training hours
- Self-evaluate work product for conformance to quality of job;
- Work clean and take care of tools and materials;
- Perform as part of a team
- Must be able to pass Federal background check
- Work requires alert individuals with good balance and physical strength.
- Work requires that employees be able to work in a heavy construction environment, which includes working outdoors and in and around construction equipment and vehicle traffic.
- Up to 100% of the job may include heavy physical work, heavy lifting, and pushing or pulling of material that may weigh from 50 pounds or more
- The position requires the individual to bend, stoop, kneel, crouch, squat, crawl and work in awkward positions or confined spaces throughout the day
- The position requires the unrestricted use of hands, arms, shoulders, upper/lower back, visual acuity, depth, and color perception
- Ability to work independently and complete daily activities according to work schedule
- Ability to meet attendance schedule with dependability and consistency
- Provide personal transportation to and from the jobsite
- Attention to Detail
- Knowledge of hand tools and proper care
- Ability to travel and be a positive reflection of the Company
- Drive to learn and grow skill set
OCCI is an EEO / Affirmative Action employer
Hourly pay commensurate with experience
Eligible for Health, Dental and Life Insurance Benefits
401k plan available
OCCI, Inc. located near Columbia, MO specializes in heavy construction projects in a variety of markets, providing innovative techniques with superior quality. With over 30 years of experience, a growing fleet of construction and marine equipment and on-site AISC-certified steel fabrication division, OCCI’s approach to success prioritizes safety, inventive methods, technological advancements and a quality work product. Our focus is to always exceed our client’s expectations in Quality, Safety and Schedule. Members of OCCI, Inc.’s workforce are all individual high-performers that contribute a wide-array of talent to the overall team effort of bringing in each project as a credit to our growing reputation of excellence. Our team members all share the common thread of a strong drive for success, coupled with an infinite desire to learn and develop.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $25.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Vision insurance
- Felony Free?
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Construction Experience: 1 year (Preferred)
- Driver’s License (Preferred)
Work Location: On the road