- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent practical experience.
- 4 years of experience with emulation and/or FPGA prototyping.
- Experience supporting EDA tools either as an Application Engineer or as a CAD Engineer.
- Experience with emulation build flows and knowledge of their pros/cons.
- Experience verifying digital logic using emulation based techniques.
- Experience with Unix/Linux command line skills.
- Passion for continuous self development and learning new technologies.
About the job
Our computational challenges are so big, complex and unique we can't just purchase off-the-shelf hardware, we've got to make it ourselves. Your team designs and builds the hardware, software and networking technologies that power all of Google's services. As a Hardware Engineer, you design and build the systems that are the heart of the world's largest and most powerful computing infrastructure. You develop from the lowest levels of circuit design to large system design and see those systems all the way through to high volume manufacturing. Your work has the potential to shape the machinery that goes into our cutting-edge data centers affecting millions of Google users.
With your technical expertise, you lead projects in multiple areas of expertise (i.e., engineering domains or systems) within a data center facility, including construction and equipment installation/troubleshooting/debugging with vendors.
The Silicon Engineering Productivity team designs, implements, and supports solutions for Hardware Engineers to build application specific integrated circuits.
As an Emulation CAD Engineer, you will identify the needs of Design Verification and Software Engineers, and design and deliver solutions based on those needs.
Google's mission is to organize the world's information and make it universally accessible and useful. Our team combines the best of Google AI, Software, and Hardware to create radically helpful experiences. We research, design, and develop new technologies and hardware to make computing faster, seamless, and more powerful. We aim to make people's lives better through technology.
- Develop CAD tools and flow.
- Implement, enhance, and support emulation and FPGA based solutions that integrate seamlessly with our existing design verification and coverage closure infrastructure.
- Maximize the utilization of our emulation and FPGA infrastructure.
- Gather requirements from key stakeholders and prioritize new features and enhancements.
- Document flow infrastructure and train users on new systems.