There’s never been a more exciting time to work for General
To achieve our vision of a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion, we need people to join us who are passionate about creating safer, better and more sustainable ways for people to get around. This bold vision won’t happen overnight, but just as we transformed how the world moved in the last century, we are committed to transforming how we move today and in the future.
Our culture is focused on building inclusive teams, where differences and unique perspectives are embraced so you can contribute to your fullest potential as you pursue your career. Our locations feature a variety of work environments, including open work spaces and virtual connection platforms to inspire productivity and flexible collaboration. And we are proud to support our employees volunteer interests, and make it a priority to join together in efforts that give back to our communities.Job Description
Production Team Members are hardworking and ambitious workers who are responsible for assembly, machining, quality checks, tool changes, and problem solving of manufacturing processes and equipment. Team members are also functioning in a manufacturing team environment where Global Manufacturing System (GMS) principles are highly integrated.
- Understand, support and execute all work in safe manner and supply to a culture that promotes safety as its overriding priority.
- Perform bench, floor or conveyor assembly work, usually of short cycle duration, and involving standardized work elements. Must be able to comprehend and follow written work instructions. Work may involve using hand positioning, assist devices such as hoists, and power tools or other equipment.
- First responder support of production machining and/or assembly environment. This entails use of computerized equipment and activities to include machine resets, quality and utilizing standardized work instructions.
- Maintain, troubleshoot and perform tasks on all equipment in assigned workspace.
- Perform predictive, preventive and reactive maintenance activities
- Must be able to work in a dynamic and fast paced environment
- Report for work on time to support production startup and throughput goals
- Possess good physical stamina and coordination. Could be required to stand and/or walk for long periods daily while frequently bending, twisting, reaching and periodically lifting up to 40 lbs.
Work requirements include:
- These are temporary positions working as a direct employee of General Motors.
- Candidates must be willing and able to work any shift.
- Overtime hours are common and may be available with little notice.
- Production Saturdays may be required as part of a typical schedule.
- Starting wage is $16.67 per hour. Holiday pay and health care options after 90 days.
- Current temporary employees may receive preference if regular full-time positions become available.
Interested individuals must meet the following minimum qualifications:
- Must be able to satisfactorily complete the General Motors hiring process requirements which include comprehensive assessments, hair drug testing, and a background check.
- At least 18 years of age.
- Eligible to work in the United States.
- Must be willing to work flexible shift hours and day, afternoon, or night shift as well as overtime hours on those shifts with little notice.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not
only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters
inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce
diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive
and develop better products for our customers. We understand and
embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether
through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.