The Medical Intake Receptionist ensures that all patients receive quality care and a warm reception while maintaining compliance with all federal grants, HIPAA, and Hunter Health Clinic policies and procedures.Responsibilities:
- Welcomes patients and visitors by greeting patients and visitors, in person or on the telephone; answering or referring inquiries.
- Optimizes patients' satisfaction, provider time, and treatment room utilization by scheduling appointments in person or by telephone.
- Promotes timeliness of patient appointments by notifying provider of patient's arrival; reviewing service delivery compared to schedule; reminding provider of service delays.
- Verify current income verification and American Indian verification are present within each chart.
- Comforts patients by anticipating patients' anxieties; answering patients' questions; maintaining the reception area. Aids patients in distress by responding to emergencies.
- Maintains patient accounts by obtaining, recording, and updating personal and financial information.
- Obtains revenue by recording and updating financial information; recording and collecting patient charges; controlling credit extended to patients; filing, collecting, and expediting third-party claims.
- Registers new patients and updates existing patient demographics by collecting patient detailed patient information including personal and financial information
- Identify hardship cases and refer to the social workers for assistance.
- Schedule all patients as appropriate, inputting precise and accurate information as required per Clinic requirements and policies.
- Complete and/or assist with the completion of all patient registration cards.
- Bring to the immediate attention of the Lead Medical Intake Receptionist and Business Operation Manager all concerns deficiencies and all other important matters.
- Protects patients' rights by maintaining confidentiality of personal and financial information per HIPPA regulations.
- Maintains operations by following Hunter Health Clinic policies and procedures; offers necessary updates.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Superior multi-tasking, customer service, time management, and organization skills required. Excellent grammar and attention to detail required.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- 1-2 years’ experience in customer service preferred. Prior experience in medical office setting preferred.