Hello, Community Manager!
My Subscription Addiction (MSA) is looking for a Community Manager to join our team in New York, NY and/or remotely.
What is MSA?
My Subscription Addiction is one of the largest subscription review sites with 3M visits/month and a strong community of customers. As the direct to consumer (D2C) model explodes across all categories with high growth brands from Stitch Fix to FabFitFun to The Farmer’s Dog to Trade Coffee to KiwiCo and thousands more offering subscriptions, we built a web destination that curates content and offers reviews and deals to help customers discover and sign-up for subscriptions. We have a strong community that loves obsessing over products with us and more folks are joining daily! Today, we are expanding beyond a review site to a subscription marketplace featuring interactive content and new product experiences exclusive to the subscription/D2C space and a new portal for our 1000 brand partners to learn from customers. We are excited about what’s next for MSA 2.0!
What’s the role?
As the Community Manager, you are the voice of our site. You love products and subscriptions, especially beauty, fashion, food, personal care, can’t stop talking about them, and love interacting with customers! You love engaging with the community on the website and social media and know how to draw a smile or a laugh from followers on social. You have high EQ, know how to read folks online, and you know what they need to hear.
Your work will include developing a content plan and strategy for our online forum. You’ll provoke activity, create content and respond to our users. You will be the voice of the community by being excited with our user base when they are, supporting them with answers to their questions, and being present for active dialogues. This requires daily moderation, reviewing discussions, replying and on posts and escalating member feedback to make sure we keep delivering the best experience for our users.
You seek out information with an underlying curiosity and desire to know more about things, people or issues. You naturally place emphasis on creating customer loyalty by delivering on commitments to customers with clear, concise information. This individual will be a true owner and collaborator and will play a foundational role in building MSA brand and managing external communication.
Key Responsibilities for this role...
- Growing the community of customers onsite and social media
- Daily customer activity and comment moderation on MSA website
- Posting, drafting original content, growing followers, and engaging with the community and followers through public and private responses on Instagram and Facebook
- Manage incoming emails & responses to readers
- Manage & grow the SWAPS site, where customers create an account and swap products they don’t want and haven’t used with other customers on the site
- Tracking of helpful and insightful emails, tweets, comments, etc. from readers
- Respond to all comments on website, social & email within 24 hours
- Continued coverage over the weekend for big brand spoilers & deals
Your skills, background, and expertise include…
- 5 years of experience in social media marketing, public relations, and/or communications management
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Marketing, Public Relations, Communications, or related field
- Highly collaborative – builds strong relationships internally and externally with a positive attitude
- Data-driven mentality to ensure optimal utilization of social media platforms, as well as campaign execution
- Ability to successfully manage multiple projects/deadlines simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication with a strong attention to detail
- You’re excited to build a community of people around brands and subscriptions you love
- You’re energized by people and work well in a team
- Your attention to detail is something people comment on
- No community request is too big or too small for you to handle
- You’re resilient. You know growth only comes from embracing challenging and unpredictable days.
- You’re willing to get your hands dirty one minute and think big picture the next.
- You actively participate in a wide variety of strategic social media activities such as blogging, community development and management, social bookmarking, commenting, etc.
- You understand popular social networks – design, functionality, users.
- You're optimistic and can help customers even when customers are frustrated.
- You can solve problems openly and objectively in an unemotional manner.
- Competitive salary with bonus
- 100% Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
- 401(K) with match
- Life and AD&D coverage
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Account benefits
- This is a remote position
Powered by JazzHR