Job Objectives: The role of the Shipping & Receiving Specialist is to accurately and efficiently handle incoming and outgoing supply and/or material traffic essential to the Company’s revenue generation and safely store the entire inventory essential to the Company’s revenue generation
- Handle all inbound shipments accurately for the Company
- Run receiving processes in an efficient and streamlined manner
- Maximize the Company’s Net Shipping Output
- Achieve maximum accuracy in warehousing merchandize or materials
- Provide excellent customer return experience
- Ensure timely responses to customer return requests
- Accurately follow return policy and procedure
- Achieve high performance in all Customer Experience related tasks
- Answer inbound calls from customers for order statuses
- Maintaining a daily schedule proactively by monitoring incoming shipments.
- Organizing and maintaining a safe and sufficient receiving area.
- Checking shipments in and verifying accuracy of contents.
- Recording shipment data, including weight, charges, and space availability.
- Reporting damages and discrepancies for accounting, reimbursement and record-keeping purposes.
- Completing receiving reports.
- Maintaining a daily schedule proactively by monitoring outgoing shipments.
- Organizing and maintaining a safe and sufficient pick/pack/ship area.
- Maintaining an optimum process over the picking of outgoing orders and verifying accuracy.
- Maximizing company’s packing capacity while ensuring accurate and cost effective packing operation.
- Preparing outgoing Amazon FBA Shipments
- Ensuring shipping labels are issued accurately for the packed orders with optimum performance.
- Maintaining sufficient level of packing materials to fulfil all orders pending shipment.
- Completing shipping reports and maintaining an orderly process.
- Receiving and storing of merchandise or materials.
- Maintaining stock records and schedules.
- Conducting cycle counts, managing bins and packing materials
- Following Amazon FBA Prep Guidelines for FBA Prepping merchandize
- Managing Full and Partial Inventory Counts on regular basis
- Responsible for the entire returns process.
- Communicate the returns process with vendors, customers, and employees
- Manage employees involved in the returns process.
- Remain current with the e-commerce fields practices and procedures in the returns process and keep company’s policies up-to-date
- Evaluate customers return requests
- Work with suppliers to ensure proper procedures are followed in accordance to return type
- Work closely with Customer Service Manager and Accounting manager to ensure proper credits are issued and received to the company and customer
- Deal with all aspects of supplier returns, either directly associated with customer returns or returns associated with purchase orders
- Administer the Company’s Policies as defined and make recommendations for constant improvement of existing procedures as needed.
- Assist with other administrational / data processing tasks as needed
- Requires a high school diploma or equivalent with 0 - 2 years’ experience.
- Knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field.
- Physical capability to lift boxes up to 50 lbs
- Capability to operate manual/electric/diesel forklift
- Familiarity with barcode use and ability to use computers and operate shipping software to issue shipping labels
- Detailed oriented approach and problem solving skills
- Ability to tactfully handle stressful and challenging situations
- Efficient time management
- Safety Training Certification
Hard Skills and Experience:
- Solid work history in related field
- Ability to balance company policy and best interest while satisfactorily meeting customers’ requests
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $12.00 - $13.00 per hour
- Dental Insurance
- Employee Discount
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Vision Insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Warehouse: 2 years (Preferred)
- Computer: 2 years (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- United States (Required)
- One location
Company's Facebook page:
- Only full-time employees eligible