Essential duties and responsibilities
- Prepares orders by processing requests and supply orders; pulling materials; packing boxes; placing orders in delivery area, prepare parcels for mailing
- Sorts and places materials or items on racks, shelves or in bins according to organizational standards
- Assists shipping and receiving unloading trucks and checking in merchandise, moving, lifting and carrying materials of various weights
- May participant in inventory control by collecting stock location orders, recording amounts of materials or items received or distributed through a computer. May also assist in counting of physical inventory
- Maintains and organized, safe and clean work environment by keeping shelves, pallet area, and workstations neat at all times
- Wears the proper safety equipment.
- Ability to work assigned schedule with regular attendance
- Ability to follow safety rules and promote a safe work environment
- Comfortable with technology, ability to work with scanners, hand-held devices, iPads, etc.
- Good communication skills and ability to follow work instructions and directions
- Strong attention to detail and time management skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
Physical demands and abilities
- Regularly required to stand for long periods
- Regularly carry, lift and/or move objects weighing 10-50lbs; Frequently required to walk, push and pull; Occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, sit and climb or balance
- Ability to work in a warehouse environment, in and around material and handling equipment with varying noise levels; Exposure to extremes in temperatures (heat and cold) depending on season
- Regularly required to use hands to handle or feel, reach with hands and arms and talk or hear
- Ability to see sufficiently for close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust and focus.
- Starting at $15 per hour, $15.50 for night shifts
- Rapid opportunity for career advancement
- Frequent opportunities for additional job-skills training, including heavy equipment operation and technical skills development
- Flexible schedule (day and night shifts available, PT and FT, OT opportunities during peak season)
- Complete benefits package available
- Life insurance and short term disability
- Rewarding work environment
ShipMonk is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.