Founded in 1973, CAREL is a world leader in control solutions for air-conditioning, refrigeration and heating, and systems for humidification and evaporative cooling. We design our products to bring energy savings and reduce the environmental impact of machinery and systems. Our solutions are used in commercial, industrial and residential applications.
Specifically, we have operations in the Americas (North, Central, and South), Asia Pacific, Africa and Europe; we have 18 fully-owned subsidiaries and 7 production sites, in addition to partners and distributors in a further 75 countries.
Our mission of high-efficiency solutions summarizes the model that CAREL has adopted, both the starting point and the final objective that enclose the entire process, from conception to production and marketing of our systems. Research, innovation, and technology are the keys to our success: for more than forty years, customer needs have been at the center of our design work, so as to offer elements of differentiation in terms of both functions and appearance.
Carel offers great medical, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits, vacation, sick and personal time, along with a 401k plan.
Find out more about us: www.Carelusa.com
This is a Full-time opportunity!
Benefits start after 60 days of employment and vacation after 90 days.
Receives callers at establishment, determines nature of business, and directs callers to destination, assists Administration by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Answers incoming telephone calls, determines purpose of callers, and forwards calls to appropriate personnel or department.
- Takes and delivers messages or transfers calls to voice mail when appropriate personnel are unavailable.
- Answers questions about organization and provides callers with address, directions, and other information.
- Welcomes on-site visitors, determines nature of business, and announces visitors to appropriate personnel.
- Monitors visitor access and issues passes when required.
- Coordinates with in-house events and functions.
- Assist with travel and accommodations for visitors.
- Performs other administrative duties as needed.
- Operates equipment such as switchboard, laptop computer.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization's goals and values.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Quantity - Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
This job has no Supervisory responsibilities at this time.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
One year certificate from college or technical school; or three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge in handling front desks and switchboards; demonstrated experience with Microsoft products and payroll time keeping systems
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include ability to adjust focus.
The work environment is the standard office and manufacturing environments.