Required to be a member of the Air National Guard
Open Until Filled
Human Resource Contact: 307-777-8121 firstname.lastname@example.org
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: The listed functions are illustrative only and are not intended to describe every function which may be performed in the job level.
- Provides entry control to Air National Guard facilities.
- Conducts identification checks of persons and vehicles.
- Maintains logs, records, and security police blotters.
- Monitors base alarm systems.
- Provides security and armed response to weapons and ammo storage areas, restricted and controlled areas, classified vaults, fuel storage facilities, aircraft, helicopter parking ramps, and hangars.
- Investigates suspicious persons or activity detected on or near National Guard facilities.
- Conducts physical security checks of buildings, doors, windows, fence lines, etc.
- Conducts minor investigations into thefts, vandalism, property damage, vehicle accidents, and other law enforcement or security duties.
- Conducts routine checks of alarm systems and responds to alarm activations.
Preference will be given to those applicants with military or civilian police, correctional security, or similar security-related employment or those applicants who have attended the Air Force Security Forces Technical Training School.
**Required to obtain and maintain a security clearance (Secret) and Military (Guard) membership.
**Required to be deployed as a member of the Quick Reactionary Force team which is part of a dual federal/state mission.
**Applicant must pass a personal security investigation and reference check.
**Applicant must be an enlisted member of the Wyoming Air National Guard.
**Successful applicants will be required to become a member/transfer to the WYANG 153 Security Forces Squadron.
- Knowledge of industrial security.
- Knowledge of state directives applicable to Wyoming Air National Guard (WY ANG).
- Knowledge of applicable Air Force instructions, manuals, handbooks, and pamphlets.
- Knowledge of WY ANG 153rd SFS/AW instructions, O.I.'s, and plans.
- Knowledge of local laws governing detention.
- Skill in communication and investigation.
PHYSICAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Required to pass the Air Force physical fitness test annually.
- Position is currently working 12-hour shifts (4 3 flex)
- FLSA: Non-exempt
007-Wyoming Military Department - Air National Guard
Click here to view the State of Wyoming Classification and Pay Structure.