- Orange, CT
Work Location: 295 Indian River Road, Orange CT. 06477
Reports to: Manufacturing Department Head
Fast-growing metal forming company of proprietary products seeks a Production Operator with a minimum of three years’ experience. Ability to do repetitive tasks; detail-oriented; understanding of industry and safety standards. The individual will join a dedicated production team in a fast-paced, growing, manufacturing environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform specific metal fabrication operations as specified by supervisor
- Read and interpret process sheets/work instructions to perform assigned tasks
- Set up and operate both die forming and roll forming equipment
- Measure workpiece dimensions to ensure accuracy to blueprint
- Work with manufacturing engineers and other production operators to resolve production issues
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Work under general supervision, performing routine and complex manufacturing problems as per traveler, manufacturing processes and associated documents.
- Perform manual/Electronic data entry requirements at each operation.
- Undertake training in multiple processes.
- Report equipment downtime to the Supervisor and record.
- Attendance at production meetings as directed.
- When required work as part of a continuous improvement team.
- Compliance with Company’s Environmental Health & Safety policy and procedures.
- Flexible to transfer to any other duties considered necessary to meet the needs of the business.
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- At least 1 1/2 years’ experience in a production environment
- Experience with metal fabrication processes such as die forming, roll forming, welding strongly desired
- Press operation and setup strongly desired
- Experience with basic measuring equipment such as calipers or micrometers
- Experience reading and interpreting job instructions and blueprints
- Experience in a smaller production environment
**Experience with closely related seal products a plus
American Seal & Engineering Co. serves a broad base of markets, including Automotive, Off-Shore Oil Technology Aerospace / Defense, Chemical and Petrochemical Processing, Medical, Nuclear, and others. The company’s services consist, integration of standard and custom designed seals and sealing systems into customer’s applications.
The company is committed to future growth and strategically positioned with a select group of customers located around the globe.
- Strong management in place
- Strong technical support team
- Excellent reputation with the customers and the vendors
- Highly Competitive Pay and Benefits