- Adapts classroom activities, assignments, and/or materials under the direction of the classroom teacher
- Implements under the supervision of an assigned teacher, instructional programs and lesson plans (e.g.
- Maintains classroom equipment and work area for the purpose of ensuring the availability of a safe learning environment and/or meeting mandated requirements.
- Monitors individual and/or groups of students in a variety of settings (e.g. restrooms, playgrounds,
- Promotes good study habits and student independence for the purpose of improving the quality of student outcomes.
- Provides, under the supervision of the assigned teacher, instruction to students in a variety of individual and group activities (e.g. self-esteem, behavioral skills, daily living skills, etc.) for the purpose of implementing
- Documents student’s daily activities (e.g. behavior, completed assignments, on/off task times, etc.) for the purpose of completing daily logs and student’s hourly activities.
- Models conversation, manners, clean up activities, listening, and everyday interactions for the purpose of demonstrating appropriate social behavior in a culturally sensitive manner.
- Responds to emergency situations (e.g. injured students, fights, etc.) for the purpose of resolving
- Assists the assigned staff member(s) in all aspects of daily programming including, but not necessarily
- Assists in the direct supervision of children in the assigned program as directed by the teacher or
- Demonstrates flexibility in schedule and activities throughout the day
- Demonstrates cooperation, openness for growth and willingness to contribute in a team approach
- Communicates collaborates and cooperates with colleagues, supervisors, and students
- Participates in all meetings, training programs, and in-service sessions as assigned by the building or
- Performs such other duties as may be directed by the building or district administrator
- Job Category: Instructional Support > Paraprofessional /
The job of the Kindergarten Aide was established for the purpose(s) of working with individual
and/or small groups of students under the supervision of a certificated teacher in the supervision and instruction
of students; assisting students by modeling the necessary skills to perform assignments; following educational
and specific behavioral plans, and modeling appropriate behaviors and interactions with students and staff. Employees in this classification will receive a variety of assignments including classroom support, lunchroom, playground, etc.
reinforcing learning concepts.
and positive learning environment.
Specific skill-based competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include:
adhering to safety practices; operating standard office equipment including using pertinent job related
software applications; and basic mathematical skills (e.g. add, subtract, multiply and divide into all units of
measure using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals; compute rate, ratio, and percent, draw
and interpret graphs, etc.).
Specific knowledge-based competencies required to satisfactorily
perform the functions of the job include:
concepts of grammar and punctuation; reading fluency and comprehension; age-appropriate activities;
and health and safety standards.
Specific ability-based competencies required to satisfactorily
perform the functions of the job include:
maintaining confidentiality; maintaining composure under stressful situations; communicating with diverse groups; adapting to changing work priorities; working as part of a team; applying common sense understanding to carry out
instructions; deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations;
effectively presenting information in one-to-one and group situations to students, and working with frequent interruptions.
The usual and customary methods of performing the job’s functions require the following physical demands: some lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling, and significant fine finger dexterity. Generally, the job requires 20% sitting, 40% walking, and 40% standing. This job is performed in a generally clean and healthy indoor environment with work inside about 85% of the time and work outside about 15% of the work schedule. The employee must frequently move up to 50 pounds such as adaptive equipment and supplies and also work with members of the team to address student’s physical needs (e.g. positioning students under the direction of the physical therapist, bathroom needs, etc.).
Equal Opportunity Employer
Coral Academy of Science Las Vegas is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.