We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, minorities,
veterans and people with disabilities
are encouraged to apply.
THIS POSITION REQUIRES RESIDENCY IN OUR SERVICE AREA
Under direction from the Engineering and Planning Supervisor, the Engineering Inspector assists in managing projects in the planning, design and estimating of the Bear Valley Electric Service (BVES) electrical distribution system, including new business projects. The Engineering Inspector provides a vital role in inspection, reporting and tracking of engineering related work orders that are specific to the compliance with California Public Utilities Commission (CPUC) mandated General Orders (GO) 95 and 165.
Performs a variety of general administrative Engineering duties within a framework of established procedures and independent work processes. Duties include managing inspection, reporting and tracking of engineering compliance work mandated in GO 95 and GO 165. The incumbent must be skilled in technical document preparation, computerized and manual records filing, word processing, Enterprise software systems, writing, and communication skills, including knowledge of software applications, such as Microsoft Word; excel spreadsheets, project management, and contract documents. This position interfaces with internal departments and management on a regular basis, therefore good communication skills are essential.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain inspection records, prepare reports and track progress of Engineering work to maintain compliance with GO 95 and GO 165 requirements.
- Maintain program to ensure all requirements and issues related to Joint Pole Association (JPA) activities.
- Track permit submissions and status to various government agencies. Assists in preparing permit requests.
- Provide technical administrative assistance to the Engineering and planning Supervisor as requested.
- Prepare engineering records to support internal and external audits including audits by the CPUC’s Safety and Enforcement Division (SED).
- Provide logistics support for internal and external audits including audits by the CPUC’s SED.
- Assist as necessary in the preparation of facility and equipment damage claims.
- Assist as directed in maintaining engineering records in supporting enterprise systems utilized by the Company.
- Assist as necessary in maintaining engineering database (GIS) information accurate and current.
- Prepare engineering reports and technical correspondence as directed.
- Track progress in resolving inspection and audit discrepancies.
- Timely and Professional correspondence with BVES customers, stakeholders, and vendors
- Performs other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED SKILLS & MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum three years of experience at an Engineering Technical position or equivalent in an electric utility working the area of distribution.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Demonstrated knowledge, skill and experience reviewing engineering documents.
- Experience identifying in field electrical equipment.
- Experience in distribution facility overhead design.
- Excellent computer software use skills including Word, Excel, Adobe, and enterprise software programs.
- Demonstrated Experience in AutoCAD design software and experience with GIS software (desired).
- Good understanding of general Business requirements, transactions and documents.
- Good understanding of Contracts and Procurement processes and selections.
- Excellent record keeping skills.
- Excellent understanding of the JPA process and paperwork.
- Must be able to work in a Collaborative/Team oriented enviroment.
- Organized with strong attention to detail and time management skills.
- High degree of initiative; self-starter.
Qualities of a Successful Engineering Inspector:
- Trustworthy; strong personal integrity
- Demonstrates strong levels of accountability and ownership
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Solid presentation skills
- Collaborative/Team oriented
- Exhibits professionalism with internal and external contacts
- Organized with strong attention to detail and time management skills
- High degree of initiative; self-starter
The responsibilities of this position will involve access to information that may be considered confidential, private and sensitive. Therefore, the individual filling this position will be required to both allow and pass a background check.
May include but not limited to standing, climbing, walking,
lifting, bending, pulling and/or pushing, grasping, reaching,
stooping and crouching, sitting, typing, walking, reading, writing,
color determination, speaking and listening for extended periods of
NOTE: Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with special needs to perform the essential functions.