Summary: Responsible for the overall operations of the reception duties and front office insurance verification, including scheduling patient appointments, responding to telephone calls/patient inquiries, collecting co-payments and updating insurance and demographic information in the current practice management system. Cooperates with and monitors other front office staff to provide quality service, maintain patient satisfaction, and report non compliance to Office manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following.
Other duties may be assigned.
Reception/Office Support Duties
- Answers telephone calls responds to inquiries or forwards call to appropriate personnel
- Schedule patient appointments in office/clinic and assists patients with scheduling additional visits/testing as needed. Records all changes to schedule and notifies office staff (physician) as necessary.
- Registers new patient information into practice management system per NANI protocols verifies demographic and insurance information at each visit.
- Initiates/updates changes in patient record to ensure accuracy and completeness of information
- Document all calls, correspondence and encounters with patient within established guidelines
- Confirm upcoming patient appointments
- Scan patient information into their electronic file
- Maintains a neat and organized work area using HIPAA standards to secure patient information
- Orders supplies required to maintain the office/physician practice.
- Maintenance of patient records, including filing of diagnostic test reports and updating records as needed and by pulling/filing of patient records, requesting updated test results and hospital face sheets.
Insurance Verification Duties
- Obtains insurance information, copies insurance cards, collects/verifies referral status and necessity based on insurance type.
- Collects co-payment for services at time of visit following established office guidelines.
- Maintains co-payment records according to established guidelines, works with business office billing staff and account representatives to handle discrepancies
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $13.00 to $16.00 /hour
- Dental Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Vision Insurance
- medical office: 1 year (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- One location
- Monday to Friday
- Only full-time employees eligible