Manufacturing Process Operator
Ingredion Incorporated – Indianapolis, IN
Job Title: Manufacturing Process Operator – Dry Starch
Job Type: Manufacturing and Operations
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Ingredion, a recognized global leader in manufacturing of specialty industrial and food starches, is recruiting for full-time production workers at our Indianapolis, IN facility. We offer a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, 401k with company match, quarterly bonus program, paid vacation/holidays and more.
Seeking qualified candidates with a minimum one year of verifiable manufacturing/production experience. Successful candidates will meet the following criteria:
- As a starch operator you must be able to manually handle bags of starch and/or chemicals. A starch operator is expected to operate a fork lift truck and various packing line equipment such as packers, palletizers, and stretch wrappers. Ability to use computer control systems to operate equipment, ability to troubleshoot equipment, work on and around equipment, perform manual tasks such as moving hoses and loading railcars, ability to work in different environments ie hot and cold weather, walk up and down stairs.
- Candidate will be safety conscious.
- Knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practice and Food Safety are a plus.
- Must be able to lift or carry over 50lbs.
- Must be able to work any shift/days of the week. We operate 24-hours/7-days a week on the following shifts: 1st (7 am to 3 pm); 2nd (3 pm to 11 pm); 3rd (11 pm to 7 am); Swing (rotating shift). Shift differential paid for 2nd, 3rd, and Swing shifts. Must be able to work overtime.
- Must pass background investigation for education, work history and criminal record, and physical with drug screen.
- Selected candidates will be contacted to schedule a pre-employment test of job related skills such as math, reading, and mechanical aptitude. Calculators and cell phones are not allowed.
- Candidates who achieve a passing score on this test may be selected to participate in our interview process. Employment applications will be made available once the candidate has passed the pre-employment test and has been scheduled for an interview.
Due to the high level of candidate response, we regret we will be unable to respond to follow-up phone calls about the status of your resume.
To learn more about our long history of success, please visit us on the web at http://www.ingredion.com
Base Pay: $23.79/hr
Employment Type: Full-Time
Job Type: Manufacturing
Education: High School
Experience: 1-3 years
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $23.79 per hour
- relevant: 1 year (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- One location
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Weekends required
- Holidays required
- 8 hour shift
- 10 hour shift
- 12 hour shift
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible