SwabTek manufactures the only Presumptive Field Tests for Narcotics and Explosives in the market that are based on dry powdered reagents. The Company’s patented swab/strip test eliminates the use of hazardous liquids/aerosols and the associated environmental/safety concerns and shipping/disposal restrictions. The future of field testing is DRY!
Come join an innovative start-up revolutionizing presumptive field testing with its USER-SAFE Colorimetric test kits. Our culture is passionate and fun. Our products are revolutionary and cover a wide range of existing markets while enabling new ones.
SwabTek seeks to hire a Director of Education Sales. In this role, you will be responsible for executing strategy, developing and qualifying pipeline, and winning new business. The candidate must have demonstrable experience generating education sales opportunities and relationships, knowledge of the contractual requirements of the industry, and a track record of proven results.
- Formulating and executing strategy, pipeline development, and other activities to meet or exceed monthly sales targets within the Education markets.
- Ensuring that SwabTek is viewed as a key partner in the market, and helping position SwabTek favorably in the eyes of both the customer and teaming partners
- Conducting market assessments and manage business activities to support growth in the target verticals.
- Be responsible for identifying and qualifying new business opportunities and overseeing the capture management and proposal development processes.
- Responsible for maintaining the “pipeline” for new business and ensuring accuracy of the data for all opportunities assigned under this position
- Participate in the development of annual and long range strategic business plans
- Support the corporate leadership in staying aware of and preparing new business opportunities, including: upcoming business targets; market outreach events; contract industry day events; other important outreach events
- Drive requirements for marketing and tradeshow strategies and attend tradeshows and networking events. Manage trade show efforts and keep trade show booth and materials current
- Meet and maintain close relationship with new and current customers
- Contact prospective customers using networking, referrals from current customers, POC listings from advance RFP postings, and professional organization meeting, conferences, and workshops
- Manage the opportunity pipeline process with probability of win calculations, revenue projections, and direct input to the company budget and forecasting process.
- Perform initial analysis of proposed or actual request of capabilities, and RFP’s to determine technical, schedule, and content reasonableness, and profitability.
Requirements & Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree desired with a preference for scientific, engineering or business discipline
- 5-10 years of outside Education sales experience and/or capture experience with demonstrated success developing a qualified new business pipeline and winning new business
- 5-10 years desired of experience working with an organization focused on selling products to public and private education institutions.
- Strong familiarity with federal acquisition regulations, policies and contract vehicles strongly preferred
- Demonstrated success in identifying, qualifying and helping organizations win contracts
- Ability to identify key growth areas and develop new business aligned with the company's growth strategy and campaigns
- Knowledge of Government contracting and current acquisition trends and customer buying behaviors
- Knowledge of competitors and ability to model competitor behaviors in the market
- Strong contract management, negotiation & influencing skills
- Ability to present and communicate effectively at senior levels
- Problem solving & decision making
- Demonstrated excellent proposal development skills
- Capable of developing and delivering effective sales presentations
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to manage customer relationships to maximize business opportunities
Compensation: Fair Market: Salary Commission
To apply, send resume and cover letter to jobs at swabtek.com
Reference ID: DOS - EDU
Job Types: Full-time, Commission
- Education Sales: 5 years (Required)
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- Remote (Required)