Initial Posting Date:02/20/2020
Agency:Oregon Youth Authority
Salary Range:5,407.00 - 7,808.00
Position Title:Information Systems Specialist 7 - Business Intelligence Developer
Job Description:OREGON YOUTH AUTHORITY BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE DEVELOPER - ISS7 Salem - CENTRAL OFFICE
OYA's Information Systems Department is recruiting for aBusiness Intelligence Developer , Information Systems Specialist 7 to design, implement, and maintain reporting systems for the purpose of data mining, research, program evaluation, and dissemination of information. This position works with managers, information systems staff, researchers, and planners in institutions, community offices, administrative offices, and other information systems professionals to create optimal reporting methods for the JJIS Reporting database and OYA’s data warehouse.
The position provides analysis, planning and coordination, design, development, and maintenance of the JJIS reporting system and the Department’s data warehouse reporting system. The work involves evaluation of complex computer applications to determine the optimal operating efficiency and maximum utilization of computer data resources. This position provides technical assistance to Business Intelligence users.
For a complete list of duties & responsibilities, please
- Open until-filled: This recruitment will remain open until filled. Our first application screening is scheduled for 8:30 a.m. on March 4 , 2020 but we may close the announcement at any time when we have received an adequate number of applications. We cannot guarantee that we will consider applications received after the first screening date. We encourage interested applicants not to delay in applying.
- Representation : This position is represented by the Service Employees International Union (SEIU/OPEU)
A Little About OYA:
The Oregon Youth Authority is a national leader in the juvenile justice field, pioneering the implementation of a positive human development framework for its work with staff and youth, and using data to match the right youth with the right services. The mission of OYA is to protect the public and reduce crime by holding youth accountable and providing opportunities for reformation in safe environments.
Please take a moment to watch this quick video about Oregon Youth Authority, our team and our culturebit.ly/work4OYA . For more information please visitwww.oregon.gov/oya .
What’s in it for you:
OYA values our employees. We believe that your time outside of the office is as valuable as it is inside the office. Most positions offers a great work/life balance with flexible work schedules and a competitive benefits package which includes:
- Rewarding work in a fast-paced, creative environment.
- Colleagues who are passionate about public service.
- Work/life balance and 10 paid holidays a year, flexible work schedules and competitive benefits packages.
- Multi-modal ride sharing! Get There is Oregon's easy-to-use carpool matching tool and trip planner that will get you where you need to go.
- Grow your career with us - we offer unlimited growth potential in a variety of disciplines.
Come work in an environment where employees feel welcome and
have developed friendship among their co-workers. OYA values
diversity and inclusion and welcome those that bring different
skills, strengths, background and views that makes us unique within
ourselves and will bring value to the workplace. If you want to
help contribute to making OYA a great place to work, WE WANT
(a) Six (6) years of information systems experience in report/dashboard development ;
(b) An Associate's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field, OR completion of a two (2) year accredited vocational training program in information technology or related field;
four (4) years of information systems experience in report/dashboard development ;
(c) A Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field
two (2) years of information systems experience in experience in report/dashboard development ;
(d) Master's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field may substitute for all of the above.
Desired Attributes/Application Scoring Criteria: In addition to your related work experience and education, we will use the attributes below to determine whom to interview.
- Demonstrated knowledge of developing, deploying and maintaining complex report and dashboard projects
- Strong ability to write complex SQL statements; experience with SQL Server DBMS and Oracle PL/SQL;
- Have strong verbal and written skills along with the ability to effectively communicate with non-technical business stakeholders;
- Strong ability to analyze and QA data, identify data integrity issues and make recommendations;
- Experience working with SAP toolsets.
How to apply:
- If you are applying internally , update youremployee Workday profile and submit your application. You can upload your resume and the system will parse your information into the Job History section of your profile.
- If you are applying through the external job site, you can upload/drag and drop your resume. The system will parse your information into the application—make sure your work experience appears correctly in the application.
- Complete questionnaire.
- After you submit your application, be sure to respond to the public records request authorization. This screen will come after you submit and will complete the process. If you are an employee, the PRR task will come to your Workday inbox.
We will conduct criminal background checks on final candidates including current OYA employees. All applicants are subject to additional pre-employment check(s) such as driver license, fingerprint based on criminal records check, pre-employment drug screening and/or education verification as required for the position.
The Oregon Youth Authority (OYA) is responsible for complying with the federal Prison Rape Elimination Act (PREA 42 U.S.C. 1997). Prison Rape Elimination Act (PREA) prohibits OYA from hiring, promoting or contracting with anyone (who has direct contact with residents) who have been convicted of engaging or attempting to engage in sexual activity in the community facilitated by force, overt or implied threats of force, or coercion, or if the victim did not consent or was unable to consent or refuse.
This standard requires OYA to conduct criminal background checks, conduct a check of the state's child abuse registry, and made its best efforts to contact prior institutional employers to obtain this information.
The Center for Disease Control (CDC) requires correctional organizations to ensure that their employees are Tuberculosis (TB) free. All OYA employees are required to submit to a two-step TB test which is currently the requirement of the CDC to establish a TB free "base line." Rather than OYA conducting the test, employees may choose to work with their personal health care providers to provide the agency with medical documentation that demonstrates that they are TB free. If offered employment and you accept, OYA will offer you the TB testing, and if you refuse, OYA will require the necessary documentation from your personal health care provider as a condition of employment.
Eligible veterans who meet the qualifications will be given veterans' preference. To receive preference, veterans must attach appropriate documentation as outlined by the Department of Administrative Services at the following website: Veterans Resources . Veterans may also call the Oregon Department of Veterans' Affairs at 1-800-692-9666.
Note: DD214 member 1 copies do not contain character of service and cannot be used to verify veterans' preference eligibility. Please attach DD214 member 2 or 4.
- For questions about the job announcement, call 503-373-1874 or email email@example.com .
THE OREGON YOUTH AUTHORITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY, AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER, COMMITTED TO SELECTING, TRAINING, SUPPORTING AND EMPOWERING A COMPETENT AND DIVERSE WORKFORCE.