STRENGTHENING FAMILIES PROGRAM FACILITATOR
The Strengthening Families Program (SFP) is a nationally and internationally recognized parenting and family strengthening program for high-risk and general population families. SFP is an evidence-based family skills training program found to significantly improve parenting skills and family relationships, reduce problem behaviors, delinquency and alcohol and drug abuse in children and to improve social competencies and school performance.
We are seeking creative talented and professional people with a high level of facilitation skills who are serious about family engagement for our community. Under the direction of the
Strengthening Families Program Coordinator, the SFP Facilitator is a contractual position responsible for facilitating a cohort of families for a 10 – 14 week program. Facilitators are needed to lead both adult and youth groups.
- Strong knowledge of the communities and organizations within Harford County;
- Ability to effectively engage and work with diverse community groups;
- Strong interpersonal skills;
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate verbally and in writing;
- Ability to collaborate and work as part of a team;
- Conflict resolution skills;
- Strong organizational and time management skills; and
- Proactive ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
Preferred: Bachelor's in Social Work or related field with some previous facilitation experience.
Candidates without a degree require a minimum of three years of experience working in a community-based child, youth, and family serving system. Must pass a National Criminal
Must be able to facilitate sessions on Monday-Friday evening hours and attend a 2 full day training scheduled for Monday, February 24, 2020 & Tuesday, February, 25, 2020
Training and professional development provided for all contractors
$200 per program session
Job Type: Contract
Salary: $50.00 to $100.00 /hour
- facilitator: 1 year (Required)
- Evening (Required)
- Are you able to attend a 2-day training session scheduled all day on February 24 & 25?
- 2 months or less
- Multiple locations
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
- Night shift