Phoenix Rescue Mission is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit, evangelical Christian Ministry; as such employees must share the Mission's Statement of Faith and Lifestyle, and adhere to the Mission's employee policy manual and guidelines set forth by the CEO. See https://phoenixrescuemission.org/mission/values/ for a summary of our beliefs. Do you share our beliefs? Please explain.
Please review the PRM Statement of Faith on the website prior to submitting a cover letter and resume.
The Legacy Gift Officer manages Phoenix Rescue Mission’s planned giving opportunities endowment building strategies.
The Legacy Gift Officer develops and executes a legacy giving plan that is fully integrated with all appropriate aspects of Phoenix Rescue Mission’s multi-faceted donor and constituent marketing and communications strategies.
- Identify, cultivate and solicit planned gifts by building long-term relationships through personal visits, phone and written correspondence.
- Manage and develop an annual integrated legacy giving marketing program and associated campaigns with all aspects of Phoenix Rescue Mission’s donor and constituent marketing and communications activities. Manage and strategically leverage annual budget for integrated marketing plan.
- Develop and update all appropriate legacy giving collateral and marketing materials including but not limited to print materials (brochure, specialized newsletter, planned giving tool kit, etc.) and digital / online legacy giving content and resources.
- Develop and regularly update online content and resources supporting all legacy giving activities including wills & estate plans, trusts, charitable gift annuities, etc. Utilize and manage content for an appropriate online planned giving back-end system such as Crescendo or a similar web-based tool on behalf of Phoenix Rescue Mission.
- Steward donors in the Mission’s Circle of Grace, who have committed to leaving a legacy to the Phoenix Rescue Mission.
- Monitor and track on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis all key performance indicators (KPIs) related to Phoenix Rescue Mission’s legacy giving program, including but not limited to contacts, planned gift prospects and pipeline, CGA prospects and pipeline, allied professional partners / relationships, etc.
- Develop key and strategic relationships on behalf of Phoenix Rescue Mission for a legacy giving advisory council including relationships with attorneys, certified financial planners, insurance agents and other relevant allied professionals. Manage, cultivate, build and deepen relationships with relevant allied professionals.
- Conduct public group presentations and individual/household meetings on a regular basis to promote and build awareness of Phoenix Rescue Mission’s legacy giving program.
- Develop specific annual and seasonal marketing strategies to build and grow a charitable gift annuity program on behalf of Phoenix Rescue Mission.
- Ensure that legacy giving options and opportunities are integrated and incorporated wherever, whenever and however is most appropriate with presentations conducted by other Phoenix Rescue Mission staff and volunteer representations (e.g., donor/volunteer campus tours, church presentations, volunteer orientations/trainings, special events, etc.).
- Provide technical expertise and conduct joint-donor contacts whenever appropriate with solicitor-assigned donors (e.g., assigned to major gift officers) and relationships managed by Phoenix Rescue Mission senior leadership.
- Maintain professional certifications and ongoing professional development as necessary to support a robust legacy giving program on behalf of Phoenix Rescue Mission.
- Lead or participate in devotions, prayers or other organization activities that promote a credible Christian witness and lifestyle
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college.
- Minimum two years experience supervising fund raising professionals
- Minimum five years planned giving experience, preferably in an integrated marketing environment
- Demonstrated success in working collaboratively and positively with other fundraising staff and success in relationship building with strategic external allied professionals.
- Demonstrated writing and grammatical competency.
- Demonstrated experience and competency with Crescendo or a similar back-end planned/legacy giving technology solution, as well as Raiser’s Edge or a similar donor database system.
- A solid and credible Christian witness and lifestyle that exemplifies Christ in character and actions
- Maintain the highest levels of professional practice and standards including donor privacy and confidentiality. Avoid any and all situations involving conflict of interest or personal financial benefit.
- Maintain professional appearance and professional business attire in the office and in any external meetings and activities that involve representation of Phoenix Rescue Mission.
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office computer programs, including Outlook.
- Must meet and maintain the requirements of being an approved driver and driving a personal vehicle on PRM business
- Flexible schedule, position may require some weekend or evening responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands and fingers, handle, or feel, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; stoop, kneel or crouch. The employee will occasionally lift and/ or move up to 15 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and ability to adjust focus.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable the individual with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $60,000.00 to $80,000.00 /year
Pay may depend on skills and/or qualifications
- Crescendo or a similar back-end planned/legacy giving tech: 2 years (Required)
- giving experience in an integrated marketing environment: 5 years (Required)
- supervising fund raising professionals: 2 years (Required)
- working collaboratively with other fundraising staff: 2 years (Required)
- Bachelor's (Required)
- One location
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
- Professional development assistance
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- A “Fair Chance” job (you or the employer follow Fair Chance hiring practices when performing background checks - learn more at https://start.indeed.com/fair-chance)
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- A job for which people with disabilities are encouraged to apply
- Monday to Friday