A. Education Level: Master’s degree in an approved program which qualifies for secondary principal certification with the state of South Dakota.
B. Experience: A minimum of four years’ teaching experience at the secondary level. Previous school district administration experience required, three years minimum.
C. Physical Requirements: This position requires constant hand-eye/mind-eye coordination, hearing; intermittent walking, talking, writing. Frequent keyboarding and repetitive motions with wrists, fingers, and hands are required.
D. Other Requirements: Previous administrative experience at the secondary level and a teaching certificate. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Knowledge of the best educational practices and effective schools research. The ability to use a computer for word processing, spreadsheets and data entry.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES:
1. Assumes responsibility for the daily management and operations of assigned high school building. 2. Assists in assignment of all staff members, including hiring of staff to fill vacancies.
3. Assumes responsibility for the supervision and evaluation of all employees assigned to the building. 4. Promotes and supervises an effective instructional program which is consistent with the District’s curriculum.
5. Monitors student achievement and works with the teachers to improve student performance.
6. Provides leadership in curriculum development, implementation, and evaluation, along with other District administrators.
7. Administers the building budget, requisitions needed supplies and materials in compliance with state regulations, policies and regulations of the school board.
8. Establishes and maintains good relationships with parent organizations, community members, civic, service and professional organization.
9. Communicates with staff, parents, students and the community about school programs, activities and events.
10. Works cooperatively with site council and other groups within the building.
11. Assumes responsibility for the security, safety of students and appearance of the physical plant.
12. Attends and supervises student activities and events.
13. Identifies opportunities for professional growth of staff.
14. Assures that District, state and federal guidelines used in providing services to exceptional children are followed.
15. Determines building schedules, assigns all staff members and students within the building.
16. Participates in District meetings and committee assignments.
17. Performs other duties as assigned by supervisors.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $134,617.00 to $154,448.00 /year
- One location
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan