VCA Animal Specialty Group (ASG) is seeking experienced Doctor’s Assistants. Be a part of something great!
We are looking for a candidate that believes in high quality, compassionate care. Someone who has an excellent work ethic, and will always go above and beyond for our very special patients and clients.
Below are just a few of the primary skills one must be proficient in for this position. This is not a complete list:
- Triage patients, or receive STAT calls
- Communicate with clients (triage, obtain histories, discharges, euthanasia)
- Create and present estimates to clients
- Help maintain the flow of the overall department
- Create treatment sheets on iPads for Drs to complete
- Work side by side with excellent Drs and technicians
- Fill prescriptions to go home with clients
- Restrain for exams, xrays, catheters, anesthesia induction, sample collections, etc.
- Send and receive phone calls, emails and faxes
- Manage daily tasks (lab & radiology report, filing, call backs/updates, enter charges, etc)
- Ensure patients are clean and comfortable
- Clean and maintain the overall treatment floor and hospital
- Maintain laundry
What to expect as a Doctor’s Assistants:
· Work in a very high volume, fast paced environment
· Multitask and prioritize cases and daily duties
· Maintain excellent time management skills
· Be available to work at least one weekend day
· Be available to work swing and/or overnight shifts
· Communicate and collaborate in a cohesive team environment
· To be thoroughly trained in all aspects of the position
· Work on WOOFware and Smart Flow software
Why You Should Consider VCA Animal Specialty Group
At VCA, your passion for medicine and compassion for pets and people is matched with a commitment to your professional growth.
- We offer competitive compensation along with a comprehensive benefits package, including: medical/dental/vision and paid vacation (for F/T employees only), 401(k), generous personal pet care discounts, and more!
- Work in a high level, fast paced environment.
- Work and grow in a cohesive team environment.
- Have and maintain complete satisfaction in everything you do daily.
- You will enjoy exposure to a diverse and stimulating caseload, employ the most advanced imaging and monitoring tools, and tap into the expertise of more than 4,500 doctors, including 600 boarded specialists.
- You will sharpen your skills—and even learn some new techniques—and explore career options that only VCA can offer, such as continuing education, transfer, specialization, and leadership opportunities.
Shifts are 10 hours 4 days/week. Looking for morning, swing and overnight shifts.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $15.00 to $22.00 /hour
- Veterinary Assistant: 1 year (Preferred)