- Closing Date:
Open Until Filled LEARN, a regional educational service center located in
southeastern, CT, has an immediate opening for anInformation Technology Specialist. The Information
Technology Specialist will support client computing and peripheral
systems; including installation, imaging and ongoing maintenance.
Provides remote and on-site software installation and maintenance
- Support client computing and peripheral systems; including installation, imaging and ongoing maintenance.
- Document services performed /resolution efforts in detail and log in knowledgebase.
- Ability to organize information, have attention to detail, accurately follow procedures, maintain confidential information, and remember important pieces of information.
- Provide remote and on-site software installation and maintenance updates.
- Manage and monitor anti-virus protection and system maintenance for designated desktops, notebooks, tablets, phones, printers and other peripheral devices.
- Seek out functional and procedural improvements.
- Understand license restrictions and confidentiality guidelines in reference to applications and client’s information stored within their network.
- After hours coverage for technology emergencies as needed.
- Other duties as assigned
Demonstrate a high level of facility with Windows client operating system: Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 10. Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP), or have the capacity to become MCP certified within 30 days of start date; Working knowledge of Apple OS X; Working knowledge of TCP/IP Protocol, DNS, DHCP, Sub-netting and router configuration; and related services; Basic understanding of Linux
Other Certifications Preferred- Microsoft Certified System Administrator (MCSA)
This is a 12 month position with a salary range of $45,000 - $50,000; Excellent fringe benefit package available which includes 4 weeks vacation; 4 weeks sick time; 13 paid holidays; as well as contributions to healthcare, dental and life insurance coverage.
This position will remain open until a qualified candidate accepts an offer of employment. Applicants should apply on line and submit their credentials at www.learn.k12.ct.us. EOE
Email To A Friend