- Completes work assignments by applying up-to-date knowledge in subject area to meet deadlines; following procedures and policies, and applying data and resources to support projects or initiatives; collaborating with others, often cross-functionally, to solve business problems; supporting the completion of priorities, deadlines, and expectations; communicating progress and information; identifying and recommending ways to address improvement opportunities when possible; and escalating issues or risks as appropriate.
- Pursues self-development and effective relationships with others by sharing resources, information, and knowledge with coworkers and customers; listening, responding to, and seeking performance feedback; acknowledging strengths and weaknesses; assessing and responding to the needs of others; and adapting to and learning from change, difficulties, and feedback.
- Provides first level and basic second level support to resolve problems with products and applications by meeting customer service standards (e.g., displaying a positive attitude, actively listening, taking ownership, leveraging knowledge, communicating clearly).
- Supports troubleshooting efforts in conjunction with customer to identify routine and moderately complex problems.
- Supports efforts to analyze and prioritize incoming requests and alerts.
- Follows procedures for incident escalation and notification to leadership.
- Escalates routine problems, as necessary, to appropriate resource (e.g., support team or vendor).
- Resolves non-complex problems and attempts to resolve complex problems.
- Follows and supports the development of standard operating procedures.
- Supports tracking and documentation of details of problems, status of service requests, and resolutions.
- Supports efforts to meet key performance indicators (e.g., performance, availability, capacity).
- Supports the documentation of workarounds for problem records and changes to proactive processes.
- Reviews information (e.g., procedures, installation, configuration) related to new technology.
- Provides the knowledge repository for routine and moderately complex technical support.
- Supports the execution of disaster recovery and business continuity processes and events.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Social Science, Education, Business, Health Care or related field OR Minimum two (2) years IT experience in a support or operations environment.
- Two (2) years experience writing documentation or standard operating procedures related to IT operations and support.
- Microsoft certification (e.g., A , MCP, MCSE, etc.) related to IT support.
- The individual contributor is primarily responsible for
providing the first or second level support to resolve problems
with products and applications, performing the setup and
maintenance of computer systems, and interacting with third party
hardware and/or software vendors.
PrimaryLocation : California,Corona,Corona Data Center Admin 1830 California Ave.
HoursPerWeek : 40
Shift : Day
Workdays : Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri
WorkingHoursStart : Varies
WorkingHoursEnd : Varies
Job Schedule : Full-time
Job Type : Standard
Employee Status : Regular
Employee Group/Union Affiliation : Non-Union, Non-Exempt
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Job Category : Information Technology
Department : IT Service Desk - Pharmacy Support
Travel : No
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.