Reports to: Payroll Supervisor
Location: Hanson, KY
Status: Overtime eligible
The primary function of this position is to process payroll for all plant paid associates, including providing reports to associates to ensure accuracy.
- Responsible for daily distribution center payroll functions.
- Processes weekly payroll cycles including weekly payroll reports and documentation and meets established deadlines for these cycles.
- Reviews wages computed and corrects errors to ensure accuracy of payroll.
- Maintains employee payroll records for both standardized and hourly employees.
- Assist company and union associates with payroll questions without compromising confidentiality.
- Maintains knowledge of benefit administration to assist with associate questions and payroll deductions.
- Work closely with the HR department to ensure associate transfers, salary changes and terminations are completed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Responsible for keeping neat and accurate records that must be easily accessible for future reference.
- Accurately and timely communicates Workforce issues to Production Supervisors and shift managers
- Satisfaction of internal and external customers with the quality and responsiveness to their needs
- Responsible for timely reporting of problems in work area to appropriate personnel.
- Responsible for ensuring each job performed is within set procedural work methods.
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalent
Required Skills and Experience
- 2 years’ experience in an equivalent position required.
- Payroll experience preferred.
- Advance computer skills. Microsoft Office and Excel experience required.
- Knowledge of AIS, WMS, Workforce, and TPM preferred.
- Ability to troubleshoot and problem solve payroll issues.
- Attention to detail essential.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills essential.
- Ability to handle confidential situations professionally.
- Ability to work a split shift, 11:00 AM - 7:30 PM, M - F.
- Distribution Environment
- Phone Work
- Tobacco Free
- Union and Non Union Environment
- Light Lifting (10-15 lbs.)
- Office Environment