The Senior Coordinator, Football Operations - is responsible for the management and execution of USA Football’s First Down Initiative including the execution of the First Down Program and Events. The First Down Initiative is a significant part of USAFB’s strategic plan, and this position is in place to drive overall initiative’s success. In addition, this position’s responsibilities include a supporting role for other USA Football Events and Programs. The Senior Coordinator will work with the Manager, Football Operations Programs & External Relationships in the design, preparation, management and operations of all assigned offerings.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Lead day to day operations for the First Down Initiative including:
o Manage product and service teams to connect multiple departments on major decisions, program releases, requirements, and updates
o Schedule all First Down related events, including procuring venues, managing materials, staffing and handling any other logistics needs that arise
o Procure and manage program and event materials and inventory
- Prepare and manage program budget
- Assist the Manager, Football Operations Programs & External Relationships with developing and meeting assigned metrics and measurements for youth program and offerings with an emphasis on the First Down Initiative
- Manage coaches, registration, and equipment on-site at large-scale clinics paired with events such as NCAA Bowl Games, NCAA Conference Championships, College Football Playoff, Pro Bowl, Super Bowl, NFL Draft, and others
- Detail program business rules with Business Analyst and craft weekly reports with Project Manager to document and review high importance action items such as barriers, deadlines, and decisions
- Other duties as assigned
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least three years of progressive sporting experience; including event and program management. Football experience is a plus
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Microsoft Office experience (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks
- Manage different types of personalities
- Well organized and attentive to details
- Team member and goal oriented
This position has occasional supervisory responsibilities for interns.
This job primarily operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Requires the ability to sit for more than four hours per day, reading, listening, stooping, bending, manual dexterity and occasionally lift up to 100 pounds.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. This position requires standard work hours and regular weekend work.
Extensive travel is expected for this position.
USA Football provides equal opportunities for employment and advancement for all individuals, regardless of age, gender, race, religion, color, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, national origin, or any other legally protected category.