Indiana Packers Corporation
One World. One Team.
Human Resources Clerk
Indiana Packers Corporation Delphi, Indiana
Indiana Packers Corporation IPC is a fully integrated retail, foodservice and private label producer of fresh and processed meats company. Based in Delphi, Indiana, we are a short 15 minute drive away from Lafayette, Indiana, home of Purdue University. Since the start of operations in 1991, we have experienced rapid growth from a single pork processing company into a multi-plant diversified producer of fresh and processed meats, with locations throughout America's Heartland. We now have additional processing facilities in Frankfort, Indiana, Holland, Michigan, and Owensboro, Kentucky. With 3,100 team members and more than $1.5B in annual sales, we're a big company with a small company culture.
In October 2018, our acquisition of Specialty Foods Group SFG expanded the market presence of Indiana Packers Corporation with the addition of SFG's Kentucky Legend and Artisan Crafted Series national brands as well as Fischer's, Field, Kentuckian Gold, Scott Pete, and Mickelberry's. Our fresh pork is the main component for creating the quality product for these unique brands of meat. Prior to this strategic acquisition, IPC has been known regionally for our Indiana Kitchen branded fresh pork products, including our award-winning bacon. Obviously, we are proud of our success in the industry and accomplishments we have achieved, but we are humble enough to realize that our people is what made it happen.
We employ a diverse, innovative and passionate group of team members in a challenging and collaborative environment. Together, this combination supplies a tremendous amount of creative energy and different viewpoints to the organization. Our group values the concept of teamwork but embrace the skills, knowledge, and experience that each individual team member possesses. We reward our team members with compensation and benefits above the competition, including a generous tuition reimbursement program Benefits for full-time employment. It is easy to see, how high we regard our team members. Ready to be part of something great?
Visit ApplyIPC.com Today!
The Human Resources Clerk is responsible for maintaining large amounts of employee information in a data-base. This position will also translate Spanish and English for team members and communication materials. The Human Resources Clerk will also work with all HR team members on various duties as well as be a value resource to team member's inquiries.
- Ability to work in a professional manner, exhibit a high level of confidentiality and integrity while handling sensitive matters
- Oral and written Spanish/English translation for team members and materials
- Data entry into HRIS: new hire paperwork, badging, transfers, vacations, etc.
- Work with supervisors in obtaining forms or other needed information
- Provide first level support in response to employee inquiries including benefits
- Answering phones, routing incoming calls throughout the facility, placing outbound calls
- General office duties: ordering office supplies, maintaining office supplies stocked/organized, making photocopies and filing
- Shredding confidential documents
- Answer call-in line and notify the appropriate supervisor of the absence
- Maintaining employee files, historical and current human resource records
- Work closely with the HR staff to provide/support as needed on highly confidential human resource matters and special projects
- Committed to a culture of diversity and equality
- Perform other tasks or duties as required or needed
- High School Diploma or G.E.D., Associates preferred
- 1-2 years' experience in HR or Administration preferred
- Bilingual in Spanish with ability to translate in written and oral form is required
- Ability to be flexible with work hours; including overtime and weekends
- Experience with large amounts of daily data entry and high accuracy
- Ability to work with team members of all levels
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Excellent attention to detail with accuracy
FLSA Status: Hourly Non-Exempt
At Indiana Packers we care about our team members and offer a variety of great benefits to fit any of their needs. This includes three 3 medical coverage plan options, two 2 dental and vision plan options, a 401k savings plan, a tuition reimbursement program, an employee health clinic and more!
Culture and Environment:
Indiana Packers is part of a large multi-national organization that maintains the feel of a much smaller organization. We value our team members as they are the heart and soul of our organization, and strive to maintain the safest work environments for them as well. Workplace safety is not just a term we use, it's our core philosophy and the only way we know how to operate. Quite simply, we walk the talk.
In addition, our work environments encourage and support a collaborative approach while promoting and recognizing individual contributions. This truly unique combination, typically not found in most large organizations, provides a catalyst for our corporation's rapid success since beginning operations in 1991.
- Link: https://indianapackerscorp.com/company/
Indiana Kitchen Brand Products:
Indiana Packers produces a number of pork products under the Indiana Kitchen brand name. Our pork products are locally produced and are synonymous with excellent quality and taste.
- Link: https://indianakitchen.com/
Specialty Foods Group Owensboro, KY and Quincy Street Holland, MI Products:
Indiana Packers Corporation, through it's wholly owned subsidiary, Specialty Foods Group and Quincy Street Meats, offers a wide-variety of fresh and cooked protein products.
- Link: https://specialtyfoodsgroup.com/
- Link: https://quincystreetinc.com/
Lafayette/West Lafayette, Indiana is in a prime location with easy and quick access to Chicago, Illinois 90 miles and Indianapolis, Indiana 55 miles. The area is home to Purdue University, ranked as the fifth 5TH best public university in the country according to the Wall Street Journal. With an abundance of strong educational systems and a less than average cost of living, there is a lot to like about the area.
The city has also been recognized by Forbes Magazine as the #2 Small City for business and careers. With a combined population of roughly 110,000, Lafayette/West Lafayette offers metropolitan amenities while maintaining its small town charm.
- Link: https://www.forbes.com/places/in/lafayette/
Delphi, Indiana, home to Indiana Packers Corporation is nestled in idyllic Carroll County where its rich history of agriculture and hog farming continues today. IPC's facility is centrally located and within a 30-minute drive to regional cities like Lafayette, Frankfort, Kokomo, and Logansport.
- Link: http://www.carrollcountychamber.com/