The Data Analyst provides expertise in the processes and tools used for analyzing data at the URJ. This will include providing inputs, recommendations, and solutions to identify, configure, implement, and enhance URJ’s systems and data to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of data collection and reporting. Additionally, the Data Analyst will identify opportunities for the collection of new data to inform decision-makers.You:
You are a passionate Data Analyst who has successfully turned data into information, information into insights, and insight into business decisions. You have excellent communication skills, and will help us report accurately on our data and come up with creative technical solutions to meet our needs. You love technology and finding creative solutions. You enjoy working with others to identify opportunities to maximize and streamline work through the effective use of technologies. You feel strongly that the work you do should impact the world in a positive way.Us:
The Union for Reform Judaism (URJ) is a dynamic network of congregations, lay leaders, clergy, and professionals across North America. Our progressive, inclusive approach unites thousands of years of Jewish tradition and values with modern Jewish experience to strengthen Judaism today and for future generations. Through programs, information, and networking opportunities provided by the URJ, our nearly 850 member congregations enhance their capacity to build and expand community, deepen Jewish learning, energize worship, pursue social justice, and develop inspired leadership.What you’ll do as our Data Analyst:
- Transform data into actionable information, developing metrics, reports, dashboards, and supporting documentation
- Translate operational needs into data collection and reporting needs
- Identify opportunities for the collection of new data to inform the organization’s efforts
- Accurately and appropriately interpret and communicate results
- Monitor, evaluate, and improve the quality of data
- Review reports and outputs for accuracy, efficiency, and viability
- Detect and address issues in data and analytic results
- Help with the transition of systems and data to Salesforce
- Support data-driven decision making by organization staff
- Work closely with managers and other end-users to identify opportunities to leverage data to inform decision-making and increase the impact
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 2 years of experience in data analysis
- Experience creating data visualizations and dashboards
- Experience with Salesforce and linked reporting tools strongly preferred
- Experience with Microsoft Power BI or Tableau preferred
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Include a cover letter with a resume. Internal candidates should apply through the URJ Internal Applicant process. Submissions will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Apply for this position online.
The URJ maintains a strong policy of equal opportunity in employment. It is our objective to recruit, hire, and retain the most qualified individuals including those of any race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation or identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic or status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. Our equal employment philosophy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, compensation, benefits, training, promotions, transfers, job benefits, and terminations. The URJ encourages applications from women, people of color, persons with disabilities, and lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender individuals.
This job description is intended to convey information essential to understand the scope of the position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of skills, efforts, duties, or responsibilities associated with the position.