Desired results of the job:
This position will be the project coordinator and technical support to Product Development of soft sides. Coordinate the development of assigned Igloo soft side projects to ensure that the product arrives on time, on budget and with the requirements and expectations defined.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead and manage the development of Igloo’s soft-side cooler projects to ensure that the product arrives on time and on budget.
- Track and manage a project team’s progress against tollgates and phase requirements.
- Develop and maintain project timelines and schedules as required.
- Build relationships and work closely with designers, marketing and operations team partners to define project requirements, delivery expectations and work closely to support their efforts.
- Develop specifications, protocols, and quality reviews with Operations QA as required.
- Ensure that the product functions properly in the manner for which it was intended.
- Coordinates activities concerned with technical developments, scheduling, and resolving engineering design and test problems.
- updating/creating soft-side product specifications for sample development and PPAP process.
- Understanding of product changes, by factory or design team, and how to document revisions.
- Work with CAD department to develop product drawings.
- Manage and work closely with outside partners and suppliers on timely development necessary for product launch.
- Drive, manage and support outsourced projects as directed.
- Support the Product Development, R & D and Productivity team as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Requirements and Qualifications:
- Education: High School Diploma
- Experience: Two (2) - five (5) years’ experience in project management and technical support.
- English language skills: Able to read, write, speak and comprehend English.
- Math skills: Able to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
- Demonstrated experience in the project management critical competencies.
- Outstanding communication skills; ability to communicate with all levels of management.
- Excellent creativity, innovation, and problem-solving abilities; a solution oriented individual.
- Prior experience in soft good product development, spec packages for factory development, is desirable.
- Strong Microsoft Office expertise including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Access. Mechanically inclined with excellent visualization skills.
- Highly flexible and able to react quickly to changing project requirements.
- Dependable, consistently follows through on commitments.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Knowledge of DOE (Design of Experiments) preferred but not required.
- Experience with project management databases required.
- Experience in other materials and processes preferred.
- People skills: team player, good negotiator, good under pressure
- Project management skills required