Position Title: Undergraduate Admissions/Recruitment: Regional Admissions Counselor
Department: 4010|Undergr Admissions/Recruitment
The University of Louisiana at Lafayette invites applications for the position of Regional Admissions Counselor in the Office of Undergraduate Admissions and Recruitment. This position will be based in Dallas, TX or Fort Worth, TX. Reporting to the Senior Admissions Counselor, the Regional Admissions Counselor will:
- Represents the university and its programs to the general public at out-of-state recruitment events, including high school and college visits, college fairs, visits to individual schools and community-based organizations, receptions, information sessions, and presentations.
- Counsel prospective undergraduate students and their families regarding the University's admissions policies, academic programs, and extracurricular opportunities.
- Works closely with recruitment staff in strategic planning and data analysis for the assigned territory.
- Assist in the executing of a variety of on-campus and off-campus recruitment and yield programs.
- Serve as a liaison, maintaining a high level of customer service with prospective students and their families, university administration, faculty, and staff.
- Works closely with high school guidance counselors, secondary school administrators, and community-based organizations to cultivate strong partnerships to advance the missions of the University.
- Will be required to work evenings and weekends in the representation of the University through regional recruitment programs.
The Regional Admissions Counselor must possess a minimum of a bachelor's degree. Additional qualifications include: superior written and verbal communication skills, effective interpersonal skills, demonstrated ability to leverage modern technology, experience working with a diverse group of individuals, strong organizational abilities, a willingness to work non-traditional hours, and an ability to work well under pressure in a team environment.
Job Ad# (req936)