Position Summary. The Business Analyst position is responsible for acting as a liaison between the business project sponsors and the software development team to align technology organization goals with Avendra Departmental goals. The Analyst will interface with business users to assess and triage defects or needs for new features. They will also test all software and report changes to ensure high quality deliverables are handed off to business users.
This position will analyze and document business requirements and application objectives to help the development team design application enhancements to meet the desired functionality; The position will coordinate client support and training of ATG supported applications.
Position Reports toManager, Business Analysis
- Ensure proper quality assurance evidence is collected across Avendra’s SOX/SOC compliant applications
- Create and maintain test scenarios and test cases based on system requirements
- Identify and organize test data
- Execute multiple QA and regression test cycles
- Review and verify reported application defects with development team and help with requirement clarifications
- Facilitate User Acceptance Testing sessions and obtain sign-off on UAT from the business owners
- Update and maintain the enhancement/defect tracking tool through the project life cycle
- Manage production support questions and issues by acting as a liaison between the business users and the development team.
- Define requirements by participating requirement gathering
sessions, create requirement documents, and obtain sign-off on
- Collaborate and validate requirements with development team
- Support in creating customer release notes and training materials
Other Duties. Please note this role description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Work Environment. This job operates in an office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, and photocopiers.
Physical Demands.This is largely a sedentary role with some light lifting of files possibly needed.
- Demonstrate ability to take initiative and work independently with a flexible schedule
- Strong customer relations management
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to work with a team on a cooperative basis
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail
- Ability to recognize, understand, and use cross-functional departmental knowledge
- Strong analytical, problem solving, planning, project and quality management skills
- Solid understanding of software development lifecycle (SDLC)
- Working knowledge of policies, standards, procedures, requirements, testing, and techniques used for application development
- Experience in application testing using Jira, Helix or other test defect management software
- High-level understanding of architecture and databases
- Must be able to conduct meetings, user training, demos, and speak in front of an audience
- Proficiency in SQL query preferred
Overnight Travel Requirements. Number of trips per month: None
Years of Relevant Experience. 0-2 years of experience
Education Requirements. BS/BA in relevant field or equivalent years' experience