GetUpside personalizes brick-and-mortar commerce to help communities thrive. As we connect more than 2 million drivers with over 10,000 businesses nearby, merchants make more profit, consumers get more purchasing power, and value is driven back to our communities. By analyzing historical customer data, GetUpside creates personalized offers that drive incremental transactions in real-time, generating profit on every single transaction. We don't just prove it, we guarantee it.
The Event Coordinator will partner with our Field Marketing Manager to manage the logistics and execution for mid-tier trade shows, as well as collaborate on pre- and post-trade show marketing and communications to ensure events are run smoothly and in accordance with GetUpside branding.
What will you do?
- Participate in trade show planning meetings and provide strategic logistical oversight for assigned trade shows
- Assist in managing event logistics, including space configuration, booth location, production schedule, invitations, catering, A/V, and marketing materials
- Coordinate and act as primary interface with all vendors such as trade show onsite facilities, installation companies, hotels, caterers, A/V vendors, and shipping POCs
- Facilitate payments and purchase requisitions for trade shows
- Update and track accurate budgeting and planning reports for events
- Update and maintain trade show documents and presentations, including production schedules
- Manage hotel reservations and logistics for internal team
- Work closely with Field Marketing Manager and other cross-functional teams (marketing/sales/AMs) to ensure seamless execution onsite
- Understand audience, company pitch, and be prepared for lead capture and intake
- Assist with internal event planning
- Work on multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment, and manage timeline to meet tight deadlines
What do you need?
- Bachelor's degree in Communications, Marketing, Hospitality or similar field
- 1 year of experience in trade show planning and logistics preferred
- Passion for speaking to and educating audiences of diverse backgrounds with an interest in sales strategies.
- Familiarity with detailed fiscal budgets for trade shows and corporate events
- Superior writing, editing, and verbal communications skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- High-level organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work independently as a self-starter
- Ability to manage multiple events simultaneously
- Ability to travel 50% or more
This role is based full-time in our Austin, Texas office. Relocation assistance is not provided.
We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.