Founded in 1964, Southeastern Community College (SCC) is a
public, two-year comprehensive community college.
With its "open-door" policy, SCC strives to meet the needs of students with varying backgrounds, resources,
interests, abilities, and career goals. More than 30 occupational and liberal arts curriculum programs are offered by
the college, which serves an annual full-time equivalent enrollment of approximately 2,000 students in curriculum
and continuing education programs. SCC emphasizes quality in designing and delivering instructional, support, and
community services. The college commits itself to providing students with opportunities to reach their potential.
SCC continuously involves all faculty and staff in setting and implementing college goals. All faculty and staff
serve in advisory roles wherever their skills are needed. Members of the college community have a commitment to
free and open communication based on mutual trust and respect. Also, employees are expected to participate in
continued professional growth experiences.
The SCC college campus is located on Hwy. 74-76 between Whiteville and Chadbourn in southeastern North
Carolina. SCC is an hour's drive from historic Wilmington and South Carolina's Grand Strand beaches. Serving
Columbus County and surrounding areas, the college enjoys exceptional local financial and moral support from a
community which expresses great pride in the institution.
This is a grant-funded position scheduled to end June 30,
Minimum Requirements for the Position
The minimum qualifications for the position follow:
1. Associate degree in administrative office, business,
information systems or an equivalent education
background from a regionally accredited institution.
2. Two years work experience in a secretarial or office
3. Excellent demonstrated computer skills including MS Office - Word, Excel and/or Access, and
4. Knowledge of office publishing programs preferred.
5. Knowledge of NCWorks Career Center services
6. Knowledge of office management techniques and the ability to organize work flow and coordinate
7. Demonstrated ability to complete accurate and efficient reports in a timely manner without close
8. Excellent oral and written communication skills.
9. Ability to multi-task in a busy environment with excellent organizational skills.
10. Ability to work well with others in a team environment.
11. Detail oriented with excellent follow up skills.
12. Handle confidential information and documents with care and discretion.
13. Willingness to participate in professional development activities.
Purpose and Function of the Position
Under the general supervision of the Columbus County NCWorks Career Center Manager, the NCWorks Career
Center Greeter/ Processing Assistant IV provides support services for members of the NCWorks Career Center as
well as Workforce and Community Development Division. In order to accomplish the objectives of the position, the
NCWorks Career Center Greeter/Processing Assistant IV performs the following functions:
1. Demonstrates excellent customer service skills and
professionalism to provide the initial physical point of
contact for NCWorks customers, determine the general nature of their needs and direct them to appropriate
NCWorks or SCC services and/or staff.
2. Assists job seeker/job changer customers with NCWorks Online
activities such as registration, applications,
resumes, and job search.
3. Enters up-to-date customer activity and follow-up information
into NCWorks Online system.
4. Maintains current knowledge of available resources, programs, services, partners, and educational
opportunities with written materials available for
5. Performs general administrative support to include answering telephone and returning customer inquiries,
completing correspondence, purchasing, forms and reports,
distributing mail, filing and cross-indexing
documents, organizing data into easily retrieved formats, photocopying requested documents and
informational material, maintaining storage, and inventory control of supplies.
6. Maintains an inviting, customer-friendly, professional
environment within the Career Center.
7. Works with other agencies as necessary to obtain information needed to assist customers and to complete
8. Attends training and staff meetings to relay customer information as well as learn about various resources
9. Receives, processes and relays various forms including requisitions, staff travel, timesheets, applications,
10. Develops brochures, flyers, schedules, etc. for the NCWorks Career Center.
11. Maintains inventory of up-to-date forms and service information material.
12. Replenishes brochures and other materials in general intake area.
13. Assists with special activities, events and programs which may include irregular, evening, and weekend
working hours or travel.
14. Performs other duties as assigned by the NCWorks Career Center Manager and the Vice-President of
Workforce & Community Development.
Excellent references from previous employers must be furnished upon request. Salary is dependent upon
qualifications, experience and labor market. This position is to be filled no later than January 14, 2020.
A completed Southeastern Community College application (located on the SCC website), a resume, letter of
interest addressing the requirements and educational transcripts (unofficial copies of transcripts will be
sufficient for the screening process, but official copies must be submitted prior to employment) must be
submitted to the college Human Resources Office in order for applicants to be considered for this position.
Initial review of applications will be November 25, 2019 and will continue until the position is filled.
Applicants should send all documents and inquiries to the Human Resources Office, Southeastern Community
College, P.O. Box 151, Whiteville, NC 28472. Telephone (910) 642-7141, extension 310. www.sccnc.edu
An Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer