Molecular Templates is a clinical stage biopharmaceutical company focused on the discovery and development of differentiated, targeted, biologic therapeutics for cancer. We believe our proprietary biologic drug platform technology, referred to as engineered toxin bodies, or ETBs, provides a differentiated mechanism of action that may address some of the limitations associated with currently available cancer therapeutics. ETBs utilize a genetically engineered form of Shiga-like Toxin A subunit, or SLTA, a ribosome inactivating bacterial protein, that can be targeted to specifically destroy cancer cells. Additional information about Molecular Templates can be obtained at www.mtem.com.
Molecular Templates is seeking a highly-motivated and skilled Research Associate to support downstream processing for Protein Sciences. This position will perform functions related to production of pre-clinical drug product and early-stage process development for protein sciences, including routine protein purification, equipment maintenance checks and calibration, data management, and assist in review and development methods and procedures to control or modify the process. This position will also aid in identifying continuous process improvement areas. This will require excellent technical, analytical and organizational skills, along with adherence to written and verbal instructions and accurate and timely completion of manufacturing batch records.
Job Responsibilities will include:
- Perform protein purification for production of pre-clinical drug product and early-stage process development for protein sciences, includes, but not limited to: buffer and solution preparation, various filtration methods, centrifugation, column chromatography, column packing and packed bed qualification, various sterilization methods, vialing and labeling, process data recording and trending.
- Conduct limited characterization of protein products, impurities, and protein purification using common laboratory techniques.
- Complete required documentation in an accurate and timely manner, adhering to written procedures and regulatory requirements.
- Review and revise established protocols and SOPs related to drug development, such as process development and optimization techniques. This may also include developing and optimizing assays, conducting limited literature search of research study protocols and reports, regulatory documents, and other potential resources.
- Conduct general laboratory duties, including washing glassware, ordering supplies, and maintaining inventory e.g. buffer and basic laboratory equipment
- Assist with non-complex projects, such as laboratory sanitization and organization or implementation of new instrumentation, as needed
- Bachelor's degree in Life Sciences or equivalent
- Minimum of one 1 year relevant experience in laboratory setting conducting or supporting protein purification methods
- Demonstrated experience and comprehensive knowledge of protein purification, required
- Experience with FPLC and column chromatography, preferred
- Experience in biopharmaceutical industry, preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent computer skills with knowledge of spreadsheet and word processing
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills applied to investigations
- Excellent organizational, time management and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to follow written and verbal instruction and work under supervision
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team environment
- Ability to lift 30 lbs. and must be able to stand, crouch, sit, bend, or stretch for extended periods of time
This position has no supervisory responsibilities. This position reports to the Director, Protein Sciences, R&D.
Molecular Templates, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers competitive salaries and benefits.