On Lok Lifeways
We are a non-profit committed to our participants. On Lok Lifeways PACE long term senior care is provided by On Lok Senior Health Services, a 501c3 non-profit
Dedicated to The Care of Elders:
On Lok, Inc. is a not-for-profit organization founded in the early 1970s by a group of citizens concerned about the plight of elders and the lack of long term options in the community. On Lok, Inc. serves as the administrative arm of a group of five affiliated non-profit organizations. Its functions include research and development, human resources, fundraising and management information systems.
We understand the importance of a system that works together. Your expertise, drive and passion can help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare.
Join our team of leaders to begin a rewarding career!
POSITION SUMMARY: Under the direct supervision of the
Associate Director, the Program
Receptionist/Secretary is responsible for clerical support to all Senior Center programs,
telephone coverage for all Senior Service Programs and the Nutrition Program, and
provides backup to the Administrative Assistant.
DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Demonstrates knowledge and established departmental policies and procedures, objectives, quality assurance
program, safety and standards of the Department of Public Health on a consistent basis.
2. Greets the public and answers telephones upon the third ring, provides accurate program and services
information, and directs calls to the appropriate staff person or department in a friendly and professional manner
on a consistent basis.
3. Produces Senior Center flyers, announcements and correspondence as scheduled or per Administrative
Assistant instructions in a timely manner.
4. Follows departmental procedures regarding filing of backup paperwork
5. Compile monthly MIS reports on a consistent basis
6. Calls senior participants on transportation list and coordinate service needs with drivers, pick up times and sign
off on driver list.
7. Provide appropriate program and service information to program participants
8. Follows program policies regarding the handling and safekeeping of Pledge Drive monies, Van transportation and
9. Process timesheets for payroll by receiving them and presenting to Director for review and signature, copy and
forward originals to payroll by designated time.
10. Stamp/Mail outgoing mail, sort and distribute mail and interoffice mail to the correct department throughout the
11. Assist Home-Delivered Meals Coordinator
12. Assist Nutrition Office with weekly OLSHS Roster, OLSHS AM and PM meal roster, communicates with OLSHS
staff regarding daily meal changes, Updates & prepares daily OLSHS van lists, meals, completes weekly meal
forecast including completion of HDM and OLSHS portion, prepares "daily packing sheets" for kitchen.
13. Other duties and responsibilities as required
QUALIFICATIONS knowledge, skills, abilities:
1. High school graduate or equivalent, required
2. Minimum 2 years in similar clerical position preferred
3. Type at least 35 WPM
4. Computer literate
5. Excellent communication skills
6. Excellent customer service
On Lok's Employee Benefits include eligible for any position for 20 hr/wk or more:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
- Retirement Savings Plan 403b and Term Life/AD&D Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account, Commuter Checks, MLA scholarships, Employee Assistance Program EAP
- Pet Insurance and additional discounts
- Holidays 10 per year, vacation time, sick leave, and long-term disability insurance