PR & Marketing, Coordinator (Intern)
Sr. Manager, Global PR & Events
Downtown San Francisco
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Quay Australia is seeking a Public Relations & Marketing Intern to support the overall functions of the Global Brand organization. This role has a front-row seat to fashion PR and influencer marketing for a fast-growing, cult-fave brand. Our ideal candidate is a likely a student in a related college program, a soon-to-be graduate, who is passionate about lifestyle PR and knowledgeable in the beauty/fashion influencer space.
The role of the PR & Marketing Intern will include, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Curate thoughtful mailers and fulfill daily product requests for media, influencers, photo shoots, gift bag opportunities and global PR agencies (50%)
- Process and unpack incoming sample shipments, maintain organization of the PR closet and place replenishment orders, as needed (25%)
- Track daily in-house press coverage and assist with monthly KPI reports and recaps (10%)
- Field incoming PR inquiries and maintain PR contact database (10%)
- Support the Brand Marketing team with the preparation of press launches, events, store openings, photo shoots and administrative duties (5%)
Key Working Relationships:
This position reports to the Global PR & Events Sr. Manager and will also work closely with both the Global Brand and Digital Marketing teams.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Must be currently enrolled in a bachelor’s program and studying Marketing, Public Relations, Communications, or similar field
- Exceptional interpersonal, verbal and written communications skills with a meticulous attention to detail
- Extremely proficient in all social media platforms and Microsoft Office (Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, Word)
- Demonstrates a passion for fashion, beauty, influencer relations and the Quay brand
- No travel required
Schedule & Compensation:
- We are seeking a student with a flexible schedule to work 20 hours or less per week, with 2 to 3 days per week of availability, within normal business hours (9:00 AM 5:00 PM) and during the work week.
- This opportunity has an expected 3-month [90 day] duration; the potential for extension may be possible and would be determined nearer the end of the tenure.
- This internship is paid with the possibility of academic credit.
- Every school takes a different approach to whether and how credit may be awarded for an internship. Please be sure to coordinate with your Internship personnel on your requirements if seeking academic credit.
- This position is based in an office environment. Sedentary work with frequent exertion of up to 30 pounds of force to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Must be able to perform essential functions (with or without an accommodation) without posing a "direct threat" to the health and safety to self or others.
The Company reserves the right to alter, change, abolish and even combine jobs depending upon changing conditions.