Expand your career by joining the team at The High Line Hotel, one of many superior MCR Development, LLC properties. We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Guest Service Agent at the luxury boutique 60-room High Line Hotel in Chelsea New York and are actively looking to meet the best and brightest talent that the hospitality industry has to offer. We would welcome the opportunity to speak to you regarding this position as well as to answer any questions you might have regarding the company.
Essential Job Function and Purpose
The Front Desk Agent represents the first point of contact with guests and handles all stages of a guest's stay. A typical day as a hotel guest service agent, involves registering/booking guests in and out of their rooms, while accommodating any special requests.
- Handle all check ins by checking accurate reservation details, establishing credit, room assignment and activating room key
- Handle cash advance deposits
- Coordinate with Housekeeping room needs
- Answers all guest’s inquiries and acts as the hotel’s Concierge
- Communicate parking procedures for both in house, meeting attendees and park and fly guests
- Handle all check outs including resolving issues and disputes
- Complete cashier and closing reports
- Assists with luggage/storage
- Manage and execute all Marriott related initiatives, Mobile services, Loyalty program, EMPOWER
- Answer guest calls, process and record requests
- Process Sundry shop purchases and inventory replenishment
- Process incoming and outgoing packages
- Communicate guests needs and requests with other departments
· High school diploma or GED
· 2-year degree from an accredited university in Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major preferred
· Excellent verbal and written English communication skills, with a second language helpful.
· The ability to access, retrieve and leverage info from the hotel property management system is expected.
MCR is the fifth largest hotel owner-operator in the United States with a $2.0 billion portfolio of 85 premium-branded hotels across 26 states and 67 cities, including 50 Marriott properties, 30 Hilton properties, The High Line Hotel in downtown Manhattan, and the TWA Hotel at John F. Kennedy International Airport in New York City (opening in spring 2019). The company’s innovative approach to guest services and unparalleled attention to detail are redefining the hotel experience and earning recognition from publications including The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, Condé Nast Traveler and Travel Leisure. MCR is an equal opportunity employer of more than 2,500 associates and is dedicated to providing an integrity-driven, merit-based working environment. Consistently honored with excellence awards, the company was named one of the United States top owners in 2018 by Hotel Business. For more information on MCR, please visit www.mcrhotels.com
We offer many great benefits that include annual increases, paid time off, sick pay, 401K, medical, dental, and vision insurance, and a referral bonus.
The Company and its corporate affiliates are Equal Opportunity employers. The Company and its affiliates do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), religion, national origin, sexual orientation, transgender status, age, family or marital status, genetic information, military or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status, activity, or characteristic.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $24.48 /hour
- hotel front desk: 2 years (Preferred)
- New York, NY (Preferred)
- One location
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative
- Stable -- traditional, stable, strong processes
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply