'The Hive' as it is affectionately known, is a collaboration of designers, all with the shared desire and passion to create fresh and inspired event design. Our focus is centered on thoughtful interior design where we methodically create intimate settings that encourage a personal connection, no matter the size and scope of the event.
We lead the creative process in selecting each and every detail including lounge vignettes and bar settings, tablescape design, accents and event branding. Our team will spearhead the collaboration and design of florals, lighting, fabric, and entertainment.
Our clients represent seasoned planners, imaginative brides, corporations, and non-profit organizations. With all of them in mind, we proudly developed, Eclectic Hive, a boutique design & rental house that provides a twist on style and setting by a team who cares about sincere customer service.
Our Designer’s will manage and produce events from conception through completion. Provide event management while providing phenomenal client service and ability to exceed expectations. This full-time position reports to the Director of Sales.
The Hive is a collaboration of professionals that draw upon multiple philosophies, styles, or ideas to gain complementary insights into crafting an experience for our clients that achieves their purpose. We place a high value on quality work, balance of life, community, and responsibility to each other, as well as our projects.
- Please submit cover letter, resume and creative portfolio.
Summary of Key Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Create fresh, forward and boundary pushing spatial designs in a functional event environment.
- Proposal & design curation which includes the execution of the event design either alone or co-designed with another designer.
- Educate our clients on our products and services and how to achieve their goals within the budget they have allocated.
- Deep understanding of the event landscape and how our part plays into the overall project.
- Client Management including day-to-day client communication.
- Event follow up with client to gauge success and close out all billing activities.
- Exploring Future Opportunities to help grow book of business.
- Responsible for achieving event profit margins at a rate equal to or above the company standards of profitability.
- Works closely with vendor partners to receive pricing for their products and/or services.
- Extensive knowledge of venue or location for all logistics including load-in, set-up, tear down, exclusions/ restrictions, etc.
- Ability to proactively brainstorm and resolve unfamiliar logistical details for all related information to the program.
- Manage the event turnover process ensure up to date information is shared with all parties in production.
- Serve as the client liaison the day of the event including providing day-of Coordination between production team, warehouse, venue manager, venue and client.
- Serve as the on-site contact for venue, planner and internal team for event execution.
- Earn the trust and support of all employees by fostering strong relationships.
- Must be an example for the Hive philosophy. Living the philosophy and encouraging others to do the same.
- Responsible for contributing to positive and balanced work/life culture at The Hive.
- Attend educational seminars when/where applicable.
- Must possess integrity, grit, and compassion.
- Must enjoy and appreciate the business of service and hospitality.
- Have talent for learning about others and defining their needs.
- Confident with a natural ability to make others feel welcome and cared for.
- Proactive, approachable, able to inspire confidence and enthusiasm.
- Creative and innovative thinker, always willing to offer new suggestions and ideas.
- Organized & efficient with impeccable time management skills.
- Works well under pressure and understands a sense of urgency.
- Prefers and understands working in a small entrepreneurial environment poised for growth.
- Must thrive in a team environment.
- Associates or bachelor’s degree in hospitality or another related field.
- Strong event, interior or installation design background with 3-5 years of experience.
- Experience in the hospitality and/or design industry.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage time effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Committed to maintaining positive and long-lasting client, vendor and team relationships.
- Positively contribute to team environment, which fosters shared learning, support and a highly interactive level of teamwork.
- Ability to adapt easily, readily and with a forward-thinking, positive attitude to change on a regular basis.
- Ability to efficiently communicate the tasks at hand in a team environment.
- Ability to speak clearly and eloquently with clients, determines their expectations, and anticipates their needs.
- Maintain high levels of communication and transparency with management, cross-functional teams, and business partners.
- Proficient in time management and effective prioritization.
- Strong interpersonal skills and strong problem-solving skills.
- Self-starter who can effortlessly manage a wide range of tasks and objectives.
- Must be nimble and understand when the organization must change in order to improve.
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time.
- Must be able to provide proof of eligibility to work in the U.S.
Job Type: Full-time
- One location
- On the road
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Flexible schedule
- Parental leave
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Achievement-oriented -- enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Autonomous/Independent -- enjoys working with little direction
- Innovative -- prefers working in unconventional ways or on tasks that require creativity
- High stress tolerance -- thrives in a high-pressure environment
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative
- Innovative -- innovative and risk-taking
- People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Weekends required
- Monday to Friday
- Holidays required