Citrin Cooperman is seeking Tax Staff for the class of 2020 in our New York City office. We are a leading accounting, tax, and advisory services firm with 15 locations and over 1000 employees. The firm was founded in 1979 by Joel Cooperman and Niles Citrin and today is the 22nd largest accounting and consulting firm in the United States, and 4th among mid-Atlantic firms.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Prepare various tax returns (1040s, 1065s, 1120s) and tax projections
- Assist with tax audits, perform light research projects and monitor and review financial information
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required
- Obtain or plan to obtain 150 credit hours for CPA eligibility
- Possess general knowledge of federal, state and local tax laws – corporate, individual, trust, gifts, and partnership taxation
- Be able to apply basic accounting principles to engagements
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Highly motivated
- Outstanding analytical, organizational and project management skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications
- Knowledge of Profx, Caseware, and Go File Room is a plus
- Works cooperatively in teams
- Ability to multi-task
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.