Country:United States of America
Location:OT348: SF - SAN FRANCISCO, CA 444 SPEAR STREET, STE 102, SAN FRANCISCO, CA, 94105 USA
Otis, a United Technologies company, is the world leader in reliable, efficient and technologically advanced elevators, escalators and people-moving systems. For more than 160 years, Otis has helped make modern life possible. Otis now moves more than 2 billion people each day. Our revolutionary Gen2® elevators, NCE “green” escalator and digital focus have clearly set the industry standard for innovation, safety and performance. We are proud to have a global team supporting over 68,000 employees that continues to rise to the challenges of a fast-moving company. Together, the people of Otis are creating new ideas and opportunities by collaborating across time zones, geographies and cultures. So just imagine where we can take you!
Our Project Manager Trainee is responsible for:
- Ensures that each project is completed in a timely manner on schedule, within budget, and meets all technical and financial standards, regulatory compliance requirements, and customer expectations.
- Coordinating all contract activities from the project award stage to completion of the elevator and escalator installation and/or modernization and provide a progress review of projects to ensure that contract documents are consistent with the required scope of the project
- Communicate directly with multiple representatives of the general contractors, owners, building managers, architects and designers, also State and Local authorities and regulatory agencies concerning project design, preparations, and scheduling of installation for the equipment
- Candidate will also work closely with the internal sales staff, new equipment and/or modernization superintendents and senior leadership to ensure a successful project from both the financial and customer perspectives
- Candidate will be required to periodically work on job sites
- Candidate should be versed in contract writing and administration, and will perform customary construction process duties that include managing billing, consultant and contractors’ payments, processing RFIs and optimizing change order opportunities, as well as maximizing project cash coverage.
EDUCATION / CERTIFICATIONS:
BA/BS degree or currently pursuing degree, which must be awarded by start date
EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS:
- Must possess proficient oral and written communication and presentation skills and be able to communicate effectively with wide variety of people with diverse background of all levels and disciplines.
- Must be able to develop and maintain positive, cooperative, team-oriented relationships with co-workers, supervisors, managers, clients and others in contact with the job.
- Ability to work in a collaborative role with project team members to achieve project objectives
- Critical thinking skills and the ability to utilize data in support of decision making
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with ability to multi-task and work in fast paced environment
- Demonstrated proficiency in MS Office tools
- Prior internship experience with Otis
- Knowledge of elevator systems, components and installation techniques
- Knowledge of the principals of cost estimating, scheduling and contract administration.
- Ability to accurately interpret construction contractual documents and contract modifications to determine cost of such change.
- Accurately analyze situations and assist in developing contingencies for estimates.
- Ability to read and review architectural and structural drawings.