Are you an experienced accounting professional who would love a part-time, virtual, and flexible position? Would you enjoy using your bookkeeping expertise to help small businesses thrive? If you are available to work between 20-30 hours a week during daytime business hours supporting clients from the comfort of your home, we may have the perfect opportunity for you!
About Supporting Strategies
Since 2004, we have been empowering business owners by taking bookkeeping and operational support functions off their plates allowing them to focus on their core business. Supporting Strategies’ experienced professionals use our cutting-edge cloud-based platform, virtual infrastructure and proven process to deliver a full suite of outsourced services, including accounts payable, accounts receivable, bookkeeping, financial reporting and payroll administration.
Supporting Strategies has nearly 100 offices throughout the U.S.
and is continuing to grow rapidly! This momentum has created
exceptional opportunities for service-oriented accountants who
share our enthusiasm for a rewarding accounting career along with
optimal work-life balance.
Why Work for Supporting Strategies?
- SOUGHT AFTER FLEXIBILITY!
- MEANINGFUL WORK/LIFE BALANCE – Our unique, virtual, work-from-home opportunities allow you to harmoniously balance your family obligations, passions, and love of ‘getting into the numbers.’
- DISTINGUISHED REPUTATION – Supporting Strategies has received the distinction of being a Top 50 Franchisee Satisfaction Award winner by Franchise Business Review for the past 3 years running. Franchise Business Review has also named Supporting Strategies as one of the Best Franchises for Women over the past 2 years running.
- LEADING EDGE TECHNOLOGY – Opportunity to advance your technical skills using the latest and most innovative cloud-based platforms.
Client Service Accountant / Financial Operations Associate (FOA):
The successful candidate will enjoy the following:
- Working with multiple clients, learning their businesses and optimizing their accounting workflow.
- Taking on the occasional shoebox, putting it in order, and setting up clients to be successful on our cloud-based platform.
- Collaborating with the clients’ team, providing support and data to help drive decision making.
- Learning and implementing cutting-edge technology tools to provide each client with the best possible accounting solutions, business processes and efficiencies.
- Being part of the Supporting Strategies’ community of talented colleagues who serve as a resource in answering questions and providing guidance in support of clients.
As an FOA, you will be responsible for:
- Assisting in the new client on-boarding process.
- Executing, as applicable, processes related to accounts payable and accounts receivable management, bookkeeping entries, closing the books monthly as well as preparing financial reporting and analysis. May also include payroll, HR administration, and special projects as assigned.
- Managing day-to-day relationships with clients while performing within established processes and budget parameters.
- Collaborating with your Financial Operations Manager and other Financial Operations Associates on your team to ensure all clients are delighted with our services – timely and effective communication, delivery on deadlines and deliverables, and providing value through stellar accounting support.
The qualified candidate must have the following experience and attributes:
- A minimum of an Associate’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field.
- 5 years of demonstrated ability to provide detailed level bookkeeping support – accounts payable, accounts receivable, closing books on a monthly basis, and preparing financial reporting and analysis for small businesses.
- 1 years of transactional accounting experience using QuickBooks for/in a professional organization.
- Capacity to work 20-30 hours a week during daytime business hours supporting clients.
- A passion for and sense of personal satisfaction in delighting clients and helping small businesses succeed.
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally, both orally and in writing.
- Willingness to consistently and accurately follow established policies and procedures.
- Confidence in learning and embracing new technology to solve client issues.
- Experience in developing strong remote team relationships based on trust, accountability, integrity, and sharing of best practices.
- Ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality while working with client data.