SUMMARY. Schedules appointments in a government computer system for primary care, specialty and subspecialty medical care. In addition to scheduling requested appointments, this position will call patients or respond to secure messaging submissions to schedule, reschedule, and/or cancel appointments as needed, to include appointments for consult/referral specialty care within the MTF or at civilian facilities.
- Mandatory knowledge and
- A fully qualified typist (computer keyboard) with a minimum of 50 WPM is
- Clearly speak and understand the English
- Use of standard office equipment, such as personal computers, copiers, fax machines, and telephone systems.
- Possess general medical ethics, telephone etiquette, and excellent communication and customer service
- High school diploma or General Educational Development (GED) equivalency.
- At least 6 months of experience in medical office scheduling.
- Work Environment/Physical Requirements. The work is mainly sedentary, but may require walking, bending, standing, and/or carrying of light items such as files, manuals, and medical
2 UNIQUE MILITARY HEALTH CARE SYSTEMS/PROCEDURES:
- Armed Forces Health Longitudinal Technology Application (AHLTA)
- Composite Health Care systems (CHCS) and/or MHS GENESIS
- Defense Enrollment Eligibility Reporting System (DEERS)
3 PERFORMANCE OUTCOMES:
- Schedules medical appointments and determines patient eligibility for services from phone calls, secured messaging or other methods used for appointment requests. Supports PCM by name processing for appointment and appropriate access to care timeframes during allocation of standard appointment
- Maintains appointment schedules using a Government computer system (Composite Health Care Systems (CHCS), AHLTA or MHS
- Validates eligibility through appropriate booking through Defense Eligibility Report System (DEERS). May be required to register patients not already in computer system, such as
- Maintains accurate and up-to-date patient schedules and logs. Utilizes the Government computer system tools and standard protocols (detail codes, freezing slots, and TRICARE on-line usage) to facilitate maintenance of appointment slots, rescheduling options or cancellation
- Validates basic patient demographic information prior to booking appointment for patients. Makes required
- Call patients or responds to secure messaging requests as needed to schedule, reschedule, and/or cancel appointments. Promotes consult/referral specialty medical care within the MTF or at civilian facilities. Provides patient with specific visit
- Pulls records and files documentation as needed. Confirms medical records are available for upcoming appointments on provider
- May assist in preparation of patient notices (telephonically or form letter formats) for appointment reminders, no shows, or reschedule/cancellations.
- Receive and electronically deliver telephone messages (t-cons) to PCMs and/or clinic nurses by using the Government computer system, standard protocols and individual clinic guidelines as
- If in the lead clerk position, attendance to the clinic Access to Care Meeting mandatory for central booking
Job Type: Temporary
- Medical Appointment in a medical office: 1 year (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- One location